F800 PRO 256 GB Support

theflarenet

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm aware that the F800 PRO supports 128 GB by other brands like Samsung (which is what I'm currently using).
Has anyone tested any 256 GB micro SD cards? If it's possible, let me know which card model you've tested and I'll update this post with a list!

Reactions: RLS
I'm aware that the F800 PRO supports 128 GB by other brands like Samsung (which is what I'm currently using).
Has anyone tested any 256 GB micro SD cards? If it's possible, let me know which card model you've tested and I'll update this post with a list!

I run a 256GB Samsung Evo Select (green, U3) purchased off Amazon.

Been working with no issues for a long time (I regularly take out card, back it up, check video, then put card back in).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nik
I use the 128GB version of this....may have to get the 256 now!

Sorry for delayed reply; got super busy...

Anyways, yes, that’s the one. 256GB Samsung Evo Select. And looks like it’s on sale...after I just bought like 3 more...lol.

Sweet, how long have you been running the 256 card for? Did you ever update your firmware after purchasing? Not sure if that would have any affect on it.

Reactions: RLS
Sweet, how long have you been running the 256 card for? Did you ever update your firmware after purchasing? Not sure if that would have any affect on it.

I’ve had that 256GB Card in there for quite a while... almost a year?

Just checked my amazon order history: Nov 2017.

I just updated firmware via the app. Before this, I had upgraded at least once (don’t remember how many times) via file on memory card.

look like F800pro really support 256Gb micro SD card as the device detect it.
F800pro 256Gb memory card support.jpg

I just ordered a 256 Samsung EVO for my F800 (non pro) hopefully it works.

I just ordered a 256 Samsung EVO for my F800 (non pro) hopefully it works.

It works in the non pro as well. I’m gonna run it all week. I got 3 days of 128GB parking mode priority so hopefully this one last at least 5-6 days. The read times is maybe 2x faster than my previous Sandisk extreme 128!

Noticed something odd. As of now I’m still only getting 3 days of motion sensing parking mode. I do however have 5 days of continuous recording. I only had one or 2 days prior with the 128 GB SD. I simply want over 3 days parking priority. Anyone else notice this when using a 256GB SD card?

I run a 256GB Samsung Evo Select (green, U3) purchased off Amazon.

Been working with no issues for a long time (I regularly take out card, back it up, check video, then put card back in).

Did you have to load the F800 info into the SD card first or is it just insert and go?

I’m pretty sure it requires some info o nether card. Just don’t know if you have to manually do it or the camera does it when a card is inserted.

I currently have the 32GB card and definitely need an upgrade.

Noticed something odd. As of now I’m still only getting 3 days of motion sensing parking mode. I do however have 5 days of continuous recording. I only had one or 2 days prior with the 128 GB SD. I simply want over 3 days parking priority. Anyone else notice this when using a 256GB SD card?
Do you have parking mode as the main priority for the memory partitioning?

Do you have parking mode as the main priority for the memory partitioning?
I have been getting notifications saying that I don’t have space for the parking detection that occurred when I turn my car on.
I have it set to prioritize parking and continuous incident. I want it to always save any incident and never override.

Is that the right open selected?

Also, I just bought a Samsung evo SD card as last I checked with you guys, that’s the one you sell as it works with Thinkware. Have you guys tested out the Samsung provendurance card?

I have been getting notifications saying that I don’t have space for the parking detection that occurred when I turn my car on.
I have it set to prioritize parking and continuous incident. I want it to always save any incident and never override.

Is that the right open selected?

Also, I just bought a Samsung evo SD card as last I checked with you guys, that’s the one you sell as it works with Thinkware. Have you guys tested out the Samsung provendurance card?
I see that sounds like your overwrite settings aren't checked off. (I attached a picture of what the setting looks like)
We're currently pushing the SanDisk A1 instead for aftermarket cards instead of the Samsung Cards as well.
Our team has not tested the Samsung Pro Endurance Card as of yet, but we definitely intend to.

Attachments

• Thinkware Overwrite Settings.JPG
    Thinkware Overwrite Settings.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 57
I see that sounds like your overwrite settings aren't checked off. (I attached a picture of what the setting looks like)
We're currently pushing the SanDisk A1 instead for aftermarket cards instead of the Samsung Cards as well.
Our team has not tested the Samsung Pro Endurance Card as of yet, but we definitely intend to.
I checked continuous and motion detection. I don’t have any incidents and it’s not overriding past videos to make room.

Edit: does the ultra or extreme pro work better than another?

I checked continuous and motion detection. I don’t have any incidents and it’s not overriding past videos to make room.
That is quite odd, are you on the latest firmware?
Have you checked off the incident in parking mode option as well?

That is quite odd, are you on the latest firmware?
Have you checked off the incident in parking mode option as well?
This is what I have selected.
I didn’t have the latest firmware. I just downloaded and installed. Hopefully this will fix it. I also have a Samsung EVO coming in the mail.

Think I should use it or return for a Sandisk?

Attachments

• 4FDF8F48-BDFB-440D-AB3A-3FE83723D3A3.png
    4FDF8F48-BDFB-440D-AB3A-3FE83723D3A3.png
    988.5 KB · Views: 32
Do try it a bit with the new firmware and let us know if it's fixed!

Back