VIOFO A129 Duo WiFi

Live view from computer? How?
Connect your computer to the camera's network, then use your video player to play: rtsp://192.168.1.254/ (if that is the correct camera address.)

Connect your computer to the camera's network, then use your video player to play: rtsp://192.168.1.254/ (if that is the correct camera address.)
You can use VLC to play RTSP.

Download video to phone via Wi-Fi, please make sure you have stopped recording, otherwise the speed will be lower than normal.

Reactions: gse
Your live view should be smooth, no buffering, but if there is buffering then it may be your phone, you could try playing the live view on your computer instead...

Reading stored video off the SD card, the camera is a slow SD card reader, you can't expect it to be faster than plugging it into the computer USB2 port and it will be much faster to put a U3 card in a UHS USB3 card reader. Also you must stop it from recording since it is very slow to read and write to the SD card at the same time.

You may also find the 5GHz wifi to be slower than the 2.4GHz, try them both.
By chance could you please advise how to choose/force either 2.4ghz or 5ghz WiFi? Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LiveView is not smooth. It's not stopping, but loses some frames, quiet frequently. No difference with recording stopped out running.
Tested on 3 Android phones Honor8, MotoX4 with Oreo and Pie, SG A8 2018. Same story.
Tested on U1 Transcend and U3 Samsung cards, 100MBps read, on PC 150MB copied in less than 2s.
Preview is not LiveView. I mean playing already recorded and stored video.

By chance could you please advise how to choose/force either 2.4ghz or 5ghz WiFi? Thanks!

Could be selected from Settings menu on camera.

Could be selected from Settings menu on camera.
Yes, it is not in the settings page of the App since changing it would kill the wifi communications with the app!

My live view does play very smoothly on my Nvidia Android tablet, the camera is capable of smooth play with the right device.

Yes, it is not in the settings page of the App since changing it would kill the wifi communications with the app!

Good point! However, you CAN change the wifi password form the app, which DOES kill the connection! ;)

This can only be switched using the Camera menu itself but not the Mobile App.
  • Switch off WiFi from the camera by using the right-most button — because, the Menu of the camera only works when WiFi is switched off
  • Press the menu button and find the WiFi and Select 5GHz option
  • Then you will have to reconnect using the phone (most probably with the password reset to the default 12345678, which you can change later)
1581975737710.png

Back