A129 3-wire kit

I’m not sure. I’m not used to diagrams. I just know the stripe should be towards your 12volt source.

why not just switch between the 12v constant on and the 12v modified source?

I mean use this type of switch instead, so no need for a diode
swabc.gif

That would work as well. Less common switch though. I have a drawer full of regular two pin switches and diodes, lol.

Still to complete my hardwire install, having bought the official hardwire kit.

Can anyone confirm that the official firmware now supports parking mode as intended by Viofo, if not it beta firmware required, which version?

Also does it work, as reading a lot about all these extra switches etc, I thought all was needed was the official hardwire kit to be installed?

Thanks

Still to complete my hardwire install, having bought the official hardwire kit.

Can anyone confirm that the official firmware now supports parking mode as intended by Viofo, if not it beta firmware required, which version?

Also does it work, as reading a lot about all these extra switches etc, I thought all was needed was the official hardwire kit to be installed?

Thanks
The released v1.5 will work. The switch is just for those who like to turn off parking mode manually without adjusting the camera

The released v1.5 will work. The switch is just for those who like to turn off parking mode manually without adjusting the camera
Great thanks, so official FW now supports, good.

Must try this W/end to install the kit as still haven't even attached the rear yet!! Do you suggest a piggyback fuse or just "jam" in as I've heard some auto electricians don't like the piggyback method?

Great thanks, so official FW now supports, good.

Must try this W/end to install the kit as still haven't even attached the rear yet!! Do you suggest a piggyback fuse or just "jam" in as I've heard some auto electricians don't like the piggyback method?

Fusing is a must, eiuther with an 'add-a-fuse' or inline fuse

Phil

add a fuse, fuse tap, piggyback, depends where you come from as what it's called

What amp fuse should I use for the dash cam A129 duo feed as well please, about to order the piggyback your I need - mini.

Thanks

Can you explain why? I thought the original fuse would be sufficient protection?

The original fuse is designed to protect it's one car circuit- you don't want a dashcam problem to blow it. By using a smaller fuse for the cam any problems with it should leave the original car circuit active. It's an extra layer of safety which is too cheap and easy to not be doing.

Phil

Haven't fitted my rear cam on A128 duo yet. I started to run the rear cable in, down A post, along floor and it's in behind rear seat but looks like not going to be long enough. Can you, and should you buy extension cable for it? It's a pretty thick cc able as it is.

Is a better route to somehow go in the headliner direct to the front cam? If so doesn't it rattle about in the headliner or anything? Can you just push a metal coathanger to feed the cable or something?

Trying to so this myself, pretty unsuccessfully so far!!!

Thanks

Is a better route to somehow go in the headliner direct to the front cam? If so doesn't it rattle about in the headliner or anything? Can you just push a metal coathanger to feed the cable or something?
Normally you have to remove a few of the clips or grab handles so that the roof lining can drop down a little, just so that there is a small gap, then push a flexible rod (fishing rod/bamboo/etc) through from the back to the front, tape/tie the cable on at the front of the rod and pull it back through. With a little care it should be very easy.

The cable doesn't tend to rattle because it is resting on a soft roof liner designed to absorb noise.
Can you explain why? I thought the original fuse would be sufficient protection?
Why do we bother with fuses in our mains plugs, 1 fuse for the entire house would do?

Because the cable going to the device can't cope with the 100 amps available at the main fuse, the fuse is to protect the downstream cable, which for the hardwire kit is only rated at 5 amps, thus a 5 amp fuse is needed to prevent the cable bursting into flames and destroying the car if the insulation ever gets cut or worn off resulting in a short circuit - it can happen.

Does anyone know whether Power Magic Pro switch works as a method of hard-wiring?
My only concern is that Viofo might keep recording overnight when the car is parked in the garage

Back