Why does GoPro choose not have a dash cam mode?

iDash

Reaction score
Country
United States
GoPro must purposely choose not to have a dash cam mode. I would consider one for my electric bike if it had this mode, but since it doesn't I just buy elsewhere.

Why do you think GoPro chooses not to have this feature that all other Chinese action cams have?

Might due to battery capacity limitation?

Might due to battery capacity limitation?

I don't think so because like all other Chinese action cams it has a similar battery capacity and can also record while being powered through the usb cable. It can't be this reason.

Yeah. maybe the gopros heat up more, or they are just aware of the risk, where as other smaller companies don't seem to have a business plan and stick to it, so they will jump at any chance to up sales.
I used my Sj6 legend for a 9 hour drive recording 1080/60 which it handled just fine in dashcam mode, but judging by other users experiences i think it was good i dident use the Sj7 star for that drive.

A DCT member had an Sj7 that melted down ,remember?Was it Dashcammellow?

One of the "Brits" as i recall.

'many reviews on Amazon about overheat shutdowns!

Maybe it's because they have a no conditions warranty, where no matter what you do to your camera, they will replace it if it breaks. Used as a dashcam many of them would have the batteries swell up or explode

One of the "Brits" as i recall.
No, USA:

34397767746_292f10504f_z-jpg.30645

Back