Front and back installation

Yes I too doubt the claimed battery capacity, suspect it'll be around 10-16000mAh.
How much current does a B1W draw during normal recording and in parking mode?
I'm planning to buy one of these battery jump starter anyway so I'll likely try using it to power the cam. If it does not work then I'll hardwire it.
Thanks for the advice on the USB cables @Nigel @kamkar1 @SawMaster.
It uses about 1.5 watts in normal recording and 1.0 watts in parking mode, maybe 1.2 watts for the firmware with low framerate parking mode. A little less if you are measuring on the USB cable without the losses the in voltage converters of the hardwire kit/battery.

Let us know how you get on with the jump starter battery, possibly they are better than a lipo USB powerbank since they are LiFePo4 and you can maybe use the 12 volt output rather than 5 volt.
If you plan on charging the battery in the car then you should add a low temperature charging cut-off, they should not be charged below freezing for safety reasons.

It uses about 1.5 watts in normal recording and 1.0 watts in parking mode, maybe 1.2 watts for the firmware with low framerate parking mode.
@Nigel, what voltage are these figures based on?
If you plan on charging the battery in the car then you should add a low temperature charging cut-off, they should not be charged below freezing for safety reasons.
No chance of that in Malaysia! More concerned about it overheating so plan to keep in a shaded place while charging in the car.
Sure will post an update when I've tried it.

@Nigel, what voltage are these figures based on?
I put them in watts so that it doesn't matter what voltage you measure them at = no confusion ;)

watts = volts * amps

Nigel tested the B1W power draw here. 0.27A when recording and 0.2A in parking mode @5VDC

Only the Vantrue N1 has a lower power usage in parking mode but vids are not as good. The B1W is the low power-usage champion while recording and no slouch when parked either. IMHO the B1W is a better choice.

Phil

Nigel tested the B1W power draw here. 0.27A when recording and 0.2A in parking mode @5VDC
Thanks @SawMaster @Nigel.
Based on your suggestions and responses, I'm seriously considering B1W now! Thank you.
Do you know of any good deals on B1W that ship to Malaysia?
Best I can find is about USD50, but seller only provides a 3 month return policy back to China.

I think it is a good choice for you where it is so hot in the summer. I can't recommend any local sellers but you should be getting a better warranty than that. Maybe @estore009 can recommend a Malaysian seller for you, they are the manufacturer of this cam.

Buying from China directly at stores like Banggood, Gearbest, and AliExpress can save you money, but if you have problems the savings will not be worth it. I've used all these sellers for various things and so far I have done well, but I know the risks I'm taking and I'm comfortable with them. It's a safer bet to use a recommended local seller where you can even if the price is slightly higher.

Phil

Thanks @SawMaster @Nigel.
Based on your suggestions and responses, I'm seriously considering B1W now! Thank you.
Do you know of any good deals on B1W that ship to Malaysia?
Best I can find is about USD50, but seller only provides a 3 month return policy back to China.
You can find a B1W seller on Lazada marketplace!

...Best I can find is about USD50, but seller only provides a 3 month return policy back to China.
They are pretty reliable, if it is going to go wrong then it will do it in the first 3 days, just make sure you test it properly within the time limit. USD50 is about right unless you wait for a special offer, there are quite often good special offers from some sellers.

You can find a B1W seller on Lazada marketplace!
Thanks @estore009 already checked Lazada, the longest warranty offered by some sellers is 3 months with returns to China.
Is there an official Blueskysea website or similar which sells and ships cameras to Malaysia and worldwide with an official warranty program?
Would be helpful and less of a worry instead of buying from unofficial and unknown sellers.
They are pretty reliable, if it is going to go wrong then it will do it in the first 3 days, just make sure you test it properly within the time limit. USD50 is about right unless you wait for a special offer, there are quite often good special offers from some sellers.
Good to know. Will keep a look out over the next few weeks, hopefully someone offers a special Chinese New Year deal on it ;)

Is there an official Blueskysea website or similar which sells and ships cameras to Malaysia and worldwide with an official warranty program?
We offer 12 months warranty for our cameras No matter where you bought!

12 months money back/Replacement if a faulty camera and Seller pays for return shipping;

12 months money back/Replacement if a faulty camera and Seller pays for return shipping;
As an example, if I bought a camera from seller A in China who is not providing any warranty and it becomes faulty after 11 months, who do I contact for a replacement? Do I need to send back the faulty camera? If yes where?

Send item to our address directly for replacement, we will offer you the shipping fee if you bought from our direct-sales stores;
If not our direct-sales stores, we only offer replacement without shipping fee!

Send item to our address directly for replacement, we will offer you the shipping fee if you bought from our direct-sales stores;
Ok, you will refund back to buyer for shipping cost to send back faulty item. Can I get details of your direct-sales stores and address for replacement for reference?
If not our direct-sales stores, we only offer replacement without shipping fee!
In this scenario, buyer pays cost to back send item to your address right? Will you pay for the shipping cost to send replacement item to buyer?

For both scenarios how long can one typically expect to wait to get a replacement?

Ok, you will refund back to buyer for shipping cost to send back faulty item. Can I get details of your direct-sales stores and address for replacement for reference?

In this scenario, buyer pays cost to back send item to your address right? Will you pay for the shipping cost to send replacement item to buyer?

For both scenarios how long can one typically expect to wait to get a replacement?
PM your our direct store link from Aliexpress already!

Thanks for the tip on adjusting the exposure settings Phil. I will do this once the filters are fitted.

Hi Sawmaster,

I've fitted the polarizing filters, but I can't see any option n the phone app to change the exposure settings. Am I missing something?
Thanks

I've fitted the polarizing filters, but I can't see any option n the phone app to change the exposure settings. Am I missing something?
No exposure settings in its menu!

Hi Sawmaster,

Thanks

Oops! I was thinking of a different cam :oops: My apologies. I do read so much of these forums that I get confused sometimes. Maybe a case of 'old-timers disease' :(

Phil

Thanks both. Good to know I'm not the only one with "old-timers" disease, SawMaster.
Just spent 10 minutes trying to find a chisel I was using to knock some old plaster off our kitchen wall, only to discover it was next to the coffee maker where I had carefully placed it prior to making a brew!!

Back