A129 3-wire kit

Read SD card warranties carefully before purchase- many specifically exclude usage in a video recorder or dashcam :eek: These cams are very write-intensive to the cards which creates heat in the card itself, thus causing high failure rates in non-premium cards. From what I've seen, with factory firmware the Samsung EVO Plus (or EVO Select which is the same card) or the newer "A 1" marked SanDisk cards give good service in all compatible sizes. Other SanDisk cards are known to give problems in video recorders and should be avoided.

Phil

Probably not. With any Viofo A119, A119S, or A129 camera you must use ONLY the Viofo supplied or recommended PS or HWK to get reliable functioning. These supply 1.5A where almost all others supply only 1A, and they use heavier gauge wires also. Though the cam has been tested and seems to draw less than 1A in use, numerous problems have been reported when using less than a 1.5A power input with these cams, and all were solved by simply using what Viofo supplies and recommends.

I know of no other cam with this issue, but with the very good video these give I do not feel it's smart to try and save a few dollars on the PS or card. Use the good stuff only- it is worth the price to get this kind of performance.

Phil
Thank you Phil,I test it work fine no issue ! and i order Viofo kit as well !

do you think blackvue's newest power magic EZ would work with viofo?
i have the old power magic but thought this could save some time hardwiring

if you already bought the A129, you could give it a try and tell us how/if it works. I believe others might be interested :)

actually i realised viofo uses a micro usb head whereas blackvue uses a MCX
anyways... out of stock even if you want to buy it :(

Just received my HWK. Looks pretty nicely built. I will have my dealer install it in about 2 weeks, when I'm scheduled for next regular oil change. I still think I will go for a battery pack like Cellink Neo, but that will have to wait a few months - they're not very cheap...
ab036f104cdafa495d9300e443ec137a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
has to be plugged into the camera
why ? can be done by software update ,so that can powered for both GPS& camera ports ,GPS can be replaced if the port broken but if Camera USB broke ! not that easy!

Why would you break the USB port? It's not like you connect/disconnect the camera every day? And I don't think the way the GPS mount is designed would allow for the software to detect the ACC voltage presence.
The GPS is powered even when you connect the cable to the camera.

why ? can be done by software update ,so that can powered for both GPS& camera ports ,GPS can be replaced if the port broken but if Camera USB broke ! not that easy!

the ACC feed is not available if plugged into the mount, it's a hardware limitation, not software

the ACC feed is not available if plugged into the mount, it's a hardware limitation, not software
hardware should be add to GPS mount like 0906 !or what is it thank you for response ,Is any one from Viofo see this !

hardware should be add to GPS mount like 0906 !or what is it thank you for response ,Is any one from Viofo see this !

the camera would need to be updated also, not just the mount, they will possibly do this on the next version of the product, not something they could support on the current design

so I finally got my HWK with 3wires. I've turned the parking mode to: "Event Detection". How does this work exactly? I mean, it does change to parking mode, but then how this mode is intended to work? Is it supposed to stop recording and start recording only when detects movement or impact? Is it always recording and locks the file when it detects movement or impact? Because in my cam it just keeps recording normally. If i go to my memory card, I have there all the footage from all the time the car was parked, and even when cars or people pass by and real close to my car, no warnings or locks were made on the files. So in conclusion, this mode is virtually useless, since having it on or just keeping my cam recording all the time, has the same result

Glad to see you up and running, will be curious to see if you run across any 'behavior issues'...

So, a couple of weeks in and when in position ‘0’ for over 12 or so hours the camera does not restart automatically. There is a 10s boot delay selected and there are no other issues with the camera.

If I flick the switch from ‘0’ to ‘1’ before or after I restart the engine then the camera still won’t switch on unless I physically press the power button on the camera.

One thing I have noticed is that if I start the engine for a minute, stop it and then start it again then it will spring into action. I’m no auto electrician so I have no idea what that means but perhaps someone else will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi. I have a renault modus 2005.
The fuse box is shown in photos. Could you tell me on which fuse do you recommend to connect the kit cables (acc, 12v)?
How many amps must be the fuse to protect the gps on the 12v?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 2019-02-01 11.32.15.jpg
    2019-02-01 11.32.15.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 2019-02-01 11.33.09.jpg
    2019-02-01 11.33.09.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 39
I would say ALIM UCH goes to Battery+ and the Key sign goes to ACC. The fuses that come from VIOFO are 5 Amps

Back