Feedback from thinkware on possible FW update

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
TWO Thinkware's U10002CH (rear cams used as side cams)
Feedback on potential FW update

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry for my late reply to your inquiry.
Actually F770&F750 models did not add more than 48 hours as an option because we worried about battery drain.
However, if an external battery is used, it is well understood that the unlimit option is necessary.
We are only proceeding with firmware updates when absolutely necessary.(such as fix bug and add features only)
Next time when we update firmware for F750&F770, we will add the options you mentioned.
I will also forward your opinion to the relevant department for review.

I’m really apologize again for the late.
When I get any update for it, I’ll let you know.

Thank you.
THINKWARE.

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:47 PM
To: 김 예지 <yjkim11@thinkware.co.kr>; 고객만족 <cs@thinkware.co.kr>
Subject: Thinkware support

Good day

I’m coming back on my (below) emails of july 2018 & dec 2017

Although I’m still very happy about my cameras, I find the lack
Of support and feedback from thinkware very disappointing.

You never even took the time to reply to any of the below emails.

That’s not the right way to treat a loyal customers in my opinion.

Pleased ti have your feedback on this

Regards

Sent: 13 July 2018 13:51
To: '김 예지' <yjkim11@thinkware.co.kr>
Subject: RE: Q About thinkware F750 & F770

Good day.
We spoke by email in november 2017 (see below)

I was wondering if any further developments are expected ?

I get the feeling that thinkware only really cares about their latest products
And very quickly abandon the older models.

Plsd to hear

Sent: 05 December 2017 14:02
To: '김 예지' <yjkim11@thinkware.co.kr>

Thanks for your reply, although highly disappointing

I get the feeling (and with me quite a few other thinkware users) that
You are not much in touch with what the customers want, and on top
It seems you are only concentrating on the newest models when it comes to updates

If you are truly interested in customer feedback then suggest you
Visit here once in a while https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/thinkware.82/

Kind regards

Sent: 28 November 2017 02:32

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting THINKWARE.

For now, we have no plan about that, but we’ll consider it.
Thank you for your opinion.

Thank you.
THINKWARE.

Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:09 AM
To: 고객만족 <cs@thinkware.co.kr>
Subject: Q About thinkware F750 & F770

Good day.

I would really appreciate it if the parkmode could be set without limit (instead of max 48hrs)

This is possible on the F800, so surely this must be possible on the other models?

I am very happy with your products (I have both the f750 & f770 dual in my car, creating a 360° view),
but this is a majors disadvantage , especially since I use an external battery which easily gives me 3 days of power.

Pleased to hear.

Kind regards,

Better would be the option to set the partitions manually rather than the preset ones which don't really have enough space dedicated to parking mode.

Better would be the option to set the partitions manually rather than the preset ones which don't really have enough space dedicated to parking mode.

Are you using timelapse as there is plenty of space on an sd card? i can leave my car in the car park for 10hrs a day and its fine recording. I find the partition fine as it works of using % rather than numbers

I use the standard recording, because in the event of an accident whilst parked timelaspse would be useless as the motion is not slowed down when it detects an impact. You wouldn't be able to present this to an insurance company very easily in an attempt to assign blame as it wouldn't show the full motion.

The hard set partitions waste a lot of space, it would be much better if these could be adjusted manually to suit the end user's usage needs. Just look at partition c for example which assigns the most space to parking mode. It wastes 10% space for manual recording (hardly ever used) and a further 15% for incident recording. You would have to be a rather bad driver that constantly crashes to require 15% of the space dedicated to impacts whilst driving. A much better ratio would be 5% to each for incidents and manual recording with the extra space going to parking mode recording.

Ideally it would be far better to be able to increase the amount of space for parking mode to suit your needs, especially since you don't always notice a scrape immediately, and days later it's likely to have been overwritten. At most I can get a day and a half of parking mode recording in the work car park.

I don't use timelaps either for reason here above.
I have a 128gb card on both cameras and form e that is more than enough to store whatever footage (driving, park, incident),
although I agree that the partition choice is limited...

This is very disappointing and only confirms what I already thought:

Thinkware only cares about their latest product, and abandons their older models (and the customers who bought them) very quickly.

It’s a pity, and I shall keep this in mind should I ever buy a new camera in the future.

Seems several of your competitors are much more client orientated

Krgds
Egon

Sent: 21 February 2019 10:00
To: Egon
Subject: RE: Thinkware support

Dear Customer,

When I check your request with relevant department, the F750&F770 are not scheduled to update their firmware, so adding more options is unlikely for now.
I'm really sorry about that.
If there is an update schedule in the future, I will re-deliver your opinion.

Thank you.
THINKWARE.

I agree! It seems they are following the same road as DOD. Considering how expensive their products are one would think they'd invest more in customer relations, whether for their older products or new. I've already made up my mind not to purchase another DOD product ever again and now it looks like Thinkware have also made it easy for me to decide not to buy another one of their products ever again too.

sent on the 5th of july (and resent 3 times there after) without reply:

Good day

Last year I had to change the internal battery of my F750 camera as it could no longer display time correctly.
This was only 3 years after I bought the camera.

Now I have the same problem with my F770, which I bought only 2.5 years ago.

And I’m not the only one judging by the info I see in the internet

It seems that this is a serious engineering/design flaw, which should absolutely not happen with a camera in this price range.

On top, to change this battery is very difficult, so one needs to pay somebody to do this!

I’d like to know what thinkware’s position is on this?

sent on the 5th of july (and resent 3 times there after) without reply:

Good day

Last year I had to change the internal battery of my F750 camera as it could no longer display time correctly.
This was only 3 years after I bought the camera.

Now I have the same problem with my F770, which I bought only 2.5 years ago.

And I’m not the only one judging by the info I see in the internet

It seems that this is a serious engineering/design flaw, which should absolutely not happen with a camera in this price range.

On top, to change this battery is very difficult, so one needs to pay somebody to do this!

I’d like to know what thinkware’s position is on this?

Obviously they don't have a position considering they aren't replying to you!
Very poor form from Thinkware

Back