MiVue 538 Deluxe.

rossikj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I have a MiVue 538 Deluxe and it's not responding because the screen is frozen on the "warning info" notice.
It's been recording fine for the last 4 years but I'm told that I need an update. I've tried holding the start button in for several seconds until the Notice disappears then restarting but i've had no joy. How do I update the dash cam please?

Hi guys,
I have a MiVue 538 Deluxe and it's not responding because the screen is frozen on the "warning info" notice.
It's been recording fine for the last 4 years but I'm told that I need an update. I've tried holding the start button in for several seconds until the Notice disappears then restarting but i've had no joy. How do I update the dash cam please?
What memory card are you using and is the card 4 years old as well? How does the camera operate without the memory card inserted?

Hi CYA. The memory card is a Samsung EVO 32gb and yes I've used it for 4 years, The card plays back the footage on my laptop ok. The camera automatically turns on with or without the card in then it displays the "warning" notice for a few seconds and then the screen goes blank. The green power light stays on.
regards KJR.

Hi CYA. The memory card is a Samsung EVO 32gb and yes I've used it for 4 years, The card plays back the footage on my laptop ok. The camera automatically turns on with or without the card in then it displays the "warning" notice for a few seconds and then the screen goes blank. The green power light stays on.
regards KJR.
I assume this camera has an internal battery and not capacitors? If it's a battery cam, then the 4 year old battery could be junk.

To update, just copy the firmware file over to the memory card using a card reader on your PC, then place the card in the dash camera and start it up. It should automatically start the update or prompt you to update.

Yeah the camera has an internal battery. I've transferred the download "SD_CarDV.bin" onto an 8gb and a 32gb card but nothing happens when either of them is inserted into the camera. ie: no update start nor prompt.

Maybe open up the camera and see what the battery looks like and how hard it looks to replace. They are generally very cheap to replace, assuming you have the means to solder the new one in. Of coarse it's possible the camera has a fault not related to the battery, so you'll have to decide if it's worth it to try the battery replacement.

Have you tried pressing the reset button with a little pin?

There isn't a reset button. I opened the camera up but couldn't see anything visibly at fault so maybe it is the battery. I've called it a day and, after 4 years of excellent service, I've retired the camera to the trash and bought a replacement. Thanks for your replies and advice guys.

Back