New housing with air vents for Mobius Mini: any good now for dashcam use?

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, well, like it says:

New housing for Mobius Mini: any good now for dashcam use now?

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/162212692692

digitalele886 had this one on sale for 50 bucs last weekend, that would have been a chance to go for the cheap, unfortunately I just missed it, but since the price difference with Maxi now (which now has wifi...!) I assume the choice is easy...

Yeah, well, like it says:

New housing for Mobius Mini: any good now for dashcam use now?

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/162212692692

digitalele886 had this one on sale for 50 bucs last weekend, that would have been a chance to go for the cheap, unfortunately I just missed it, but since the price difference with Maxi now (which now has wifi...!) I assume the choice is easy...

I couldn't resist an after-promo sales offer and bought me one for 55.00 usd.... just for the fun of it...

I'm weak, so weak... :rolleyes:

Oh it's gonna get hot, sizzling... but I don't care, I need to know, I just need to know....

Mobius Mini (DASHCAM SETUP): Night 30fps, LIT AND UNLIT ROADS.... Neutral exposure

Last edited:
I just realised I had metering on LOWER WEIGHED.... Setting it back to multi-spot, and see what that does....

I just realised I had metering on LOWER WEIGHED.... Setting it back to multi-spot, and see what that does....
Lower weighted means that it prioritises shadow detail at the possible expense of blown highlights. For the Mini this seems to be a decent option for night video.

Lower weighted means that it prioritises shadow detail at the possible expense of blown highlights. For the Mini this seems to be a decent option for night video.

Hm, haven't realised that, but we'll see the difference later with multi-spot set ....

Strangest thing is, when I firste check the video of the Mini, my first thought always is, hmm, not too bad, and then I start comparing.....

here it is, in the city it does OK, but check this:

Mobius Mini

Mobius 1 with F1.4 lens

Viofo 119S with F1.2 lens

It has clarity but is lacking in brightness. If you look at what seems to be a building or parking area slightly right of center (horizontal line of light) you'll see what I'm speaking of. F1.4 and A119S show a lamp or sign above and left of the "building" which the Mini doesn't catch at all even though it shows the "building" itself clearly but more dimly.

A bit unfair comparing to the A119S at night; it or the A129 is the best dashcam for those conditions anyone has done yet so anything compared to them will be lacking. Not too bad for the Mini though- dozens of cams aren't even as good as this at night including some expensive ones.

Phil

Mobius Mini in the City:

Do you guys have sound when playing video's on dashcamtalk.com? I noticed that all video's I play here are silent, even my own, where I know for sure they are with sound, playing them on YouTube proves it....

Is there some setting that I need to switch?

if the answer is loud rock music, then yes your videos have sound

Yeah well, I grew up uin the 70's, sew me... hahaha

I dó have sound when I play dashcam video's on the PC, but when I play them on my phone, silence, not my phone's fault though, cause when I play them on my phone directly from YT, I dó have sound ....!? Weird....

Yeah well, I grew up uin the 70's, sew me... hahaha

I dó have sound when I play dashcam video's on the PC, but when I play them on my phone, silence, not my phone's fault though, cause when I play them on my phone directly from YT, I dó have sound ....!? Weird....

don't worry about the music, I have very eclectic taste in music

missing codecs would be why you get no sound when playing the files on the phone, YouTube re-encode the video, which phone, which OS version?

don't worry about the music, I have very eclectic taste in music

missing codecs would be why you get no sound when playing the files on the phone, YouTube re-encode the video, which phone, which OS version?

so we're cool about that! Sweet. OK, Moto Z Play, Android 8.0.0. Didn't have that issue before. And on RC-GROUPS the embedded video's play with sound, well, windnoise mostly... :confused:

I've got a Z Play but I don't use it anymore, I don't recall anything unusual about it though

try VLC or MXplayer and you will likely find audio is ok

I've got a Z Play but I don't use it anymore, I don't recall anything unusual about it though

try VLC or MXplayer and you will likely find audio is ok

I know the audio is OK, I said that in my o.p., it's just that I can't choose for a media player when I click the video while on the dashcam site... Never mind, I don't expect you to solve it, just wondered if it was just me or everyone.

Which player does it default to for playback?
I view DCT using Chrome browser (Pixel, Android 9). The videos just play within the browser, and yes I can hear the rock music :)

Back