Video output too grainy/noisy. Anyone else have this problem?

astrobij

Reaction score
Country
India
I have just started using my Viofo A119 Pro. The video output is too grainy and It looks nothing like any of the sample videos posted on youtube. You can download the original video file from below link. https://gofile.io/?c=hbcavZ

As you can see, the video is too grainy/noisy. What do you think?

I have just started using my Viofo A119 Pro. The video output is too grainy and It looks nothing like any of the sample videos posted on youtube. You can download the original video file from below link. https://gofile.io/?c=hbcavZ

As you can see, the video is too grainy/noisy. What do you think?
somehow I can't download the video.
try a different video player, like PotPlayer.
what OS do you use?

You should be able to stream directly from the url as well. Works in chrome(screenshot below)

I am using windows 10. Tried VLC player and BS Player

Hi Leonauto,

Thanks for the reply. I am using firmware V1.32. I understand the part about CPL filter and reflection of the dashboard but my main concern is not that. There are sort of static pixels all over the place in whole video. Not just some fragments. May be I should try changing video quality settings. The uploaded video was shot in 1920*1080 @30fps. Also WDR was on. What do you think the ideal setting should be?

Thanks.

I have just started using my Viofo A119 Pro. The video output is too grainy and It looks nothing like any of the sample videos posted on youtube.
You did not like the whole video or its individual fragments?

You have difficult shooting conditions, with alternating contrasting scenes.
What firmware version is installed? And what settings? Perhaps you can check how the shooting will look like if you install one of the modified firmware with reduced contrast: VIOFO A119 PRO Modified Firmware MODs Archive https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a119-pro-modified-firmware-mods-archive.35825/

On some fragments, the video from your dashboard is reflected in the video, in this case a CPL-filter can help

Also WDR was on.
I would disable WDR.
PS: The prefix PRO to the title 119 is misleading, daytime shooting on A119 is better, and at night it is 119S (I do not consider A129 at this time)

Usually I use settings like yours - 1920*1080@ 30fps
I consider them optimally-average for everyday use, without worrying about day / night mode switching.
And also in this case it is easier to compare the video quality of different dash :)

Ok, I will try to install modified firmware and WDR setting set to Off. Any other settings would you recommend to change of shall I keep all options as it is in modified firmware?

For a start, I would focus on those settings and on the video that users place in the thread of modified firmware.

You say the video was shot in 1920x1080 @30fps . Try 1440, as this is the resolution of the sensor. You should see an improvement

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E A119 PRO 10
Rocket_Scientist A119 PRO 7
Back