Honda CR-V hardwire Viofo A129 GPS Dual

skansen

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Bought the Viofo A129 GPS DUAL, BlackVue Power Magic Pro (replaced with Viofo Hardwire Kit), CPL filter, Samsung Evo 128GB memory card and Bluetooth remote control.
Installed into Honda CR-V MY2014 (European). I was inspired by @GWN21 instalation described here.

Front camera is attached to the windshield. Power wires go from the cabin fusebox thru the A-piller. Cable to the rear camera go thru headlining.
It was necessary to remove A, B and C-piller covers, sunvisors, ceiling lamps, plastics near cabin fusebox etc.

IMG_20190210_134938.jpgIMG_20190210_135418.jpg

UPDATED Apr 03, 2019
Few weeks after finishing this installation I replaced BlackVue Power Magic Pro with Viofo Hardwire Kit - more information can be found here
img_20190331_200744-jpg.45625
img_20190403_183923-jpg.45626
img_20190403_184329-jpg.45627
img_20190403_184529-jpg.45628

UPDATED Apr 22, 2019
I do not have enough time while installing cameras to put cable to the rear camera thru rubber wire protector. Few days ago I installed cable in the rubber wire protector. More information can be found here.

IMG_20190421_123240.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
I see you have the power connected to the GPS base, this means parking mode won’t work as well as it could.
It takes 5mins to switch to parking mode and comes out of parking mode when the vehicle goes over a certain speed.
Plugged into the side of the cam and it will go into parking mode as soon as the BAT+ feed is turned off and back into normal recording as soon as the car is started again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought the Viofo A129 GPS DUAL, BlackVue Power Magic Pro, CPL filter, Samsung Evo 128GB memory card and Bluetooth remote control.
View attachment 44670
Installed into Honda CR-V MY2014 (European). I was inspired by @GWN21 instalation described here.

Front camera is attached to the windshield. Power wires go from the cabin fusebox thru the A-piller. Cable to the rear camera go thru headlining.
It was necessary to remove A, B and C-piller covers, sunvisors, ceiling lamps, plastics near cabin fusebox etc.

View attachment 44672View attachment 44671View attachment 44673

View attachment 44674

View attachment 44675View attachment 44676View attachment 44677

View attachment 44678View attachment 44679
I see you put the 7.5 A fuses on the upper side of the fuse tap, That is wrong, as the upper socket is for the camera.
Check this post to see the fuse tap's diagram: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...shcam-no-experience-required.7712/#post-93966

Last edited:
I see you put the 7.5 A fuses on the upper side of the fuse tap, That is wrong, as the upper socket is for the camera.

I wired my set to the #28 cavity for ACC and #45 cavity for constant power. #28 cavity was empty, so it's that's why there is no fuse in one of the fuse slots.

BTW I'm going to change 7.5A fuses with 5A fuses.
7.5A fuses where the only available at the day of installation.

I see your 2014 Honda CRV has Side Airbag Curtains. Did you route the wire BEHIND the airbag and not OVER? You absolutely cannot route it over the airbag. Can't tell from Photo how you installed.

I see your 2014 Honda CRV has Side Airbag Curtains. Did you route the wire BEHIND the airbag and not OVER? You absolutely cannot route it over the airbag. Can't tell from Photo how you installed.

I attached cables to the factory existing cables - they go behind airbag curtains.

I attached cables to the factory existing cables - they go behind airbag curtains.

Very good then. I've seen YouTube videos for the A129 installation that provide faulty instructions. People don't realize that running wire OVER A-Pillar / C -Pillar in new vehicles can create a safety concern. Since the wire will cross over the side airbag curtain as opposed to behind the curtain. Behind the curtain being the proper method.

I see you have the power connected to the GPS base, this means parking mode won’t work as well as it could.
It takes 5mins to switch to parking mode and comes out of parking mode when the vehicle goes over a certain speed.
Plugged into the side of the cam and it will go into parking mode as soon as the BAT+ feed is turned off and back into normal recording as soon as the car is started again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had no idea, mine is setup the same way... Is this documented somewhere?

I had no idea, mine is setup the same way... Is this documented somewhere?
This only applies for the 3-wire kit. If your using the included cigarette power adapter or a standard 2-wire kit, you can plug in through the mount. For the VIOFO 3-wire kit used for automatic parking mode once car is shut off, you need to power the camera directly.

This only applies for the 3-wire kit. If your using the included cigarette power adapter or a standard 2-wire kit, you can plug in through the mount. For the VIOFO 3-wire kit used for automatic parking mode once car is shut off, you need to power the camera directly.

I have the three wire kit.

Yes, but I just finished the install late yesterday. Took 6 hours. I went one step further than the OP and ran the rear cam through the wiring harness into and through the hatch. I have a center brake light inside the car, so I ported the wire through the plastic housing and mounted it below the center brake light.

I just printed the screen shots above on how to tell the difference between parking mode and regular, I'm going to go out and check it in a few minutes.

Like the OP, I'm in a Honda, not a CRV, but a 2013 Fit. Not to hi-jack the OP's thread, but I have a new anomaly. When I lock the car, the doors lock and the horn beeps. But when I'm more than 10' away I cannot make the horn beep... Up until yesterday, It used to work up to at least 50-75 yards...

I'm going to recheck my fuse box locations and make sure I tapped into the right fuses. Unfortunately I'm having issues following the fuse-box diagram to the actual fuse box, thus, using my tester, I went into "guess" mode.

Yes, but I just finished the install late yesterday. Took 6 hours. I went one step further than the OP and ran the rear cam through the wiring harness into and through the hatch. I have a center brake light inside the car, so I ported the wire through the plastic housing and mounted it below the center brake light.

I just printed the screen shots above on how to tell the difference between parking mode and regular, I'm going to go out and check it in a few minutes.

Like the OP, I'm in a Honda, not a CRV, but a 2013 Fit. Not to hi-jack the OP's thread, but I have a new anomaly. When I lock the car, the doors lock and the horn beeps. But when I'm more than 10' away I cannot make the horn beep... Up until yesterday, It used to work up to at least 50-75 yards...

I'm going to recheck my fuse box locations and make sure I tapped into the right fuses. Unfortunately I'm having issues following the fuse-box diagram to the actual fuse box, thus, using my tester, I went into "guess" mode.

1. Plug power to Camera not GPS

2. Make sure the fuses used are not to integral systems. I recommend using the Battery Fuse for Power Seats, if your vehicle has them. Just make sure nothing else runs off the power seats in your vehicle.

3. ACC should be for when vehicle is turned on. Find a fuse, that isn't tied to safety or elecontrics, that only lights up when vehicle is started.

I'm all set. Thanks for your help. I verified I'm in parking mode. Icon of a little Running Man and a "P" beside him.

how long is the wire for the camera at the back? I have 2017 CR-V and currently using A119s

how long is the wire for the camera at the back? I have 2017 CR-V and currently using A119s

Extremely and obnoxiously long. To the point I probably had to tuck at good 5 or 6 feet into my headliner. They give you WAY more cable than you'll ever need. Could wire a limousine with the amount of cable. Not joking.

6 meters (about 20 feet).

That's what I thought. But wasn't sure so didn't want to give exact number.. It's plenty long to wire a Limo as I said... Any passenger car is covered. I had so much cable left over I probably tucked 10 feet of it into the headliner.

It's 6 meters long. It's long enough to wire thou ceiling. But 6meters is not enough to wire thru A-pillar and floor...

Back