A129 duo Hardwired and no standby mode?

Dcuellar90

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the a129 duo hardwired and the camera stays on even when the car is off. Is there no standby mode? Is it supposed to turn off then when detects motion turn on?

Have you selected a Parking Mode option from the Menu? If you're looking for motion-detection as the trigger, select Auto Event Detection.

Last edited:
Motion is off, parking mode is on with auto detection.

Once ACC signal is lost, camera should remain in standby till motion is detected, won't turn off.

The camera is constantly on even when the car is off

Check the ACC fuse. Looks like power isn't being cut on turning the car off.

The hard wire isn't connected to any fuses. The red is connected to constant power yellow accessory is connected and no power when the car is off and ground is connected

So parking mode only works when plugged into the camera?

there are two different types of parking mode they offer, the auto switched method using the 3 wire kit needs to be plugged into the camera, the type where it is based on lack of movement to change modes works either way

So if I plug it into the camera parking mode will work and when the car is off the camera will go into stand by mode and turn on when motion is detected?

So if I plug it into the camera parking mode will work and when the car is off the camera will go into stand by mode and turn on when motion is detected?

if you plug into the camera it will change modes to whichever you use when you power off, if plugged into the mount it will just run all the time

Ok I'll give it a try, that's weird that it doesnt work with the gps mount. Almost no point of it

Oh ok sweet thanks. Still odd to have that as a power source but limited functionality

Back