blackvueTitle2.png

Hi all,

Check out Blackvue Downloader's New Website:
Here:
http://www.gizmocoding.com/

Windows Store Link:
https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9PG28QPV6866

BlackvueGIFSmaller3.gif

Stepping of the shoulders of others who figured out the Blackvue communication I have created a Windows Taskbar App to automatically download new video files in the background.

The aim of this app is to run forever on a logged in Windows only server/computer somewhere in your home/work network.
It will check for the presence of a Blackvue Dashcam connected to Wifi and automatically download the video files whenever it becomes available.
Obviously given the time this takes - a Dashcam using a Battery would be ideal.

You will need to ideally give / set your Dashcam with a static IP address so this will not change.

The rest should be straight-forward.

The app should manage any number of Dashcams at the same time; via separate threads. Just enter the IP Address as a comma-separated field.

Will flesh out these instructions as time passes - but should be pretty straight-forward.
The app creates a log in the %appdata% BlackvueDownloader directory - will will give further information if any issues. (If enable debug logging button appears to open log directory)

Download, unzip, run and the above window should appear - for first time setup.

Settings above -
IP Address for Cameras eg. 192.168.1.252,192.168.1.251
Save Directory - click the Select button to choose directory. Single Directory for all cameras.
Time interval - in minutes amount of time between checks for connection of all Dashcams
Number of Days of Data to Keep - will delete ANY file older than this in the Save directory above (so don't share this directory with other uses)
Confirm Delete - self - explanatory

Can try the Connect Button if Dashcam currently live and connected.

Otherwise and after above:
Press Save and Continue - and will save settings and begin time checks when due.

In the Windows taskbar - the Blackvue Icon will appear - this also gives a right click menu

Cheers

Glenn

Last edited:
Looks promising but seems to be having issues with connecting to multiple cameras.

I have three cameras setup, separated by comas with two cameras online for testing. The first camera gets connection successful when I hit connect but anything after the first camera is unable to currently connect to IP. Order of the camera IP's doesn't matter and the cameras connect when they are the only one listed.

Perhaps allowing the app to run multiple instances would be an easy solution. That way the cameras could have separate directories to save to.

Looks promising but seems to be having issues with connecting to multiple cameras.

I have three cameras setup, separated by comas with two cameras online for testing. The first camera gets connection successful when I hit connect but anything after the first camera is unable to currently connect to IP. Order of the camera IP's doesn't matter and the cameras connect when they are the only one listed.

Perhaps allowing the app to run multiple instances would be an easy solution. That way the cameras could have separate directories to save to.

Tah for having a go.

Have made quite a few changes already - with version 2.0 running on mine currently - but only a few changes to multiple IPs connections as hard to test.

Can you PM or email me a debug log with your multiple ips? (Debug log in %appdata% BlackvueServiceApp)
(Hard to completely test with 2!)

Should be easy to sort out ...

Edit:
(The other thing is that version wasn’t so good at showing what was going on in the window - the Log will show what is happening. It may be that it is connecting and downloading okay.)

64 bit Version 2.0.0.0 - Attached (sorry cant compile 32bit at moment)
I have attached - a couple of cosmetic things already to update. But otherwise going well.
Try his - and send me a debug log and will sort out the multiple connection issue if remains.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• BlackVueDownloader.v2.0.0.0.zip
    705.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
blackvueTitle2.png

New Version 2.2.0.0

2.2Main.png

Changes:

- Deal with potential crash if changed Number of Dashcams whilst Downloading
- Leave window open after saving - press X to close Window and Shrink to Taskbar

- Further Information shown changes
- Add Separate Directories for each Camera option Checkbox
- Bug checking multiple Cameras (minor changes, appears to be working well)
- Remove Spaces from IP address if inadvertently

- Add log INFO output to App Window to show what is going on..

Have tested with multiple connections and works well. YMMV!

Please review and report back[emoji16]

Glenn

Attachments

• BlackVueDownload.2.2.0.0.64bit.B.zip
    505 KB · Views: 24
  • BlackVueDownload.2.2.0.0.32bit.B.zip
    505.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thanks for putting in the effort and time, downloaded and working well.

blackvueTitle2.png

New Version 2.7.0.0

Few big updates, some cosmetic some not!

BlackVueMain2.7.0.0.png

- Cosmetic Image updates; bring more inline with Blackvue Logo

- Adds Check for Server error 500/In Use Server/Can't read files and skips, changes downloading code to skip the gps/3gf files if video skipped
(to avoid downloading half finished other files)

- Adds a Live View Video Window for any connected Cameras; parsing the mjpeg stream returned from the Camera if Connected

AttemptConnect.png

& when Camera Connected: Click on the Video Window to cycle to next Dashcam and so on..

LiveView.png

- Change tmp downloading to adding Random characters to avoid occ file locked in various lost connection settings
- Empty out tmp folders at startup only (multiple threads) in case left over files

- Parse the video files DateTime structure and use it
1. To Download files by reverse DateTime - newest ones first
&
2. Only download x number of days - equal to the number of days data to Download new Setting
e.g
If have a week of recordings of Parking Mode - and set to Number of Days 1 only
Once next connected/alive will only download last 1 day of recordings.

- Few addition checks to try to politely end downloading, on closing and when changing settings.

- Add a CheckNow button to run the new file check immediately when pressed
(See Above - CheckNow will immediately start checking for new video files)

- Deal with potential crash if changed Number of Dashcams whilst Downloading
- Leave window open after saving - press X to close Window and Shrink to Taskbar

- Bigger HttpClient buffer for downloading files; seems to speed up transfer reasonably
- Fixes for crashes with LiveView and deleting Tmp files if not setup

32bit and 64 bit Versions attached Below

Glenn

Attachments

• BlackVueDownloader.2.7.0.0.32bit.zip
    560.6 KB · Views: 13
  • BlackVueDownloader.2.7.0.0.64bit.zip
    560.5 KB · Views: 19
blackvuetitle2-png.44019

New Version 2.9.0.0

As Requested:

- Change Splashscreen so those on Black Screens don't miss out (requested)
- Allow renaming of Save Directories provided IP address remains within the directory/folder Name:
(only if using Separate Directories)
eg.
\Dashcam1-192.168.1.252\ can be renamed to whatever you like provide the IP part remains the same
\George's Car 192.168.1.252\ would be fine

- Bug fix for deleting files at startup if using Separate Directories
- Bug fix if Empty Directory and Dashcam connects

Given this change is now hard to test Separate Directories with single camera only available.
But please give it a test and report back if any issues.

32bit and 64bit versions attached.

Cheers

Glenn

Attachments

• BlackVueDownloader.v2.9.0.0.32bit.zip
    599.4 KB · Views: 4
  • BlackVueDownload.v2.9.0.0.64bit.zip
    599.3 KB · Views: 13
can confirm it's working! thanks!

Working nicely thanks and seems faster wifi transfer according to my asus RT86U traffic analyser and samsung green 128 gb card than BV own viewer... using BV B-124 battery to help.

Last edited:
Working nicely thanks and seems faster wifi transfer according to my asus RT86U traffic analyser and samsung green 128 gb card than BV own viewer... using BV B-124 battery to help.

[emoji106]
Thanks for the feedback and good to hear.

Was keen to add speed of transfer info as was copying but is not supported by flurl library as yet. (although seems a few pushes suggesting support). May move away from flurl altogether to show this info - or could just perhaps show at end of each copied file...

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blackvuetitle2-png.44019

New Version 2.9.5.0

- Few bug Fixes, changes to info displayed Particularly when finished downloading
- Report MB/sec of download speed once file completed to Display Window
(Fine tune speed of download)
- Fix if settings corrupted hard to restart crash.

32bit and 64bit versions attached

Attachments

• BlackVueDownloader.v.2.9.5.0.32bit.zip
    606.8 KB · Views: 3
  • BlackVueDownloader.v.2.9.5.0.64bit.zip
    606.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
This looks good (y)
What kind of sustained speeds are you getting from your DR900s over 5GHz?

I cobbled up something similar to this for my synology but even with the router moved next to the car I could only get at most ~70Mbps with wget.
With the sensitivity set to max, it causes a situation where it generates too much footage (@35Mbps front/rear) to download in an afternoon.

That and it intermittently pushes everyone off the wifi network, which I can't for the love of me figure out why.

So far the app seems to be working well, but I think there might be an issue with a memory leak or dealing with the log window when it gets very long. I've had it running for a couple days without issue, but today when I went to check on download progress the log scroll window was VERY laggy and lethargic, and file download speed was lower than normal (like 5-6MB/sec instead of 8-9MB/sec). Despite this, CPU was only reported at 1% usage. Restarted it, and everything's now back to normal.

So far the app seems to be working well, but I think there might be an issue with a memory leak or dealing with the log window when it gets very long. I've had it running for a couple days without issue, but today when I went to check on download progress the log scroll window was VERY laggy and lethargic, and file download speed was lower than normal (like 5-6MB/sec instead of 8-9MB/sec). Despite this, CPU was only reported at 1% usage. Restarted it, and everything's now back to normal.

Thanks for the feedback.

Doesn’t seem to be memory leak as usage stable under 100mb (on mine for 2 weeks running now) but UI does get quite slow depending on length of log. Shouldn’t affect download speed or function though which does vary. I believe download changes depending on whether currently recording - likely a SD speed access limitation. But will get on and fix/delete displayed log after 24 hours or so.

Have made some major additions - with seperate tabs for each camera, with image, model no, firmware, last downloaded file, last download time, average download time, current status etc. Have the code bit all done; but got bored, distracted doing the layout/fonts/design side which is quite tedious. But will try to re-invigorate self!

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for getting back! Please know that your efforts are appreciated, and likely by many more when the word gets out.

It’s silly that for local network access they insist on trying to put you through the paid cloud, which seems to take like 2-3 minutes to download a 1 minute file (on plenty fast fiber here too). Much faster downloading this way.

Update 2.9.9.9

Haven't finished major update but code exists in this version.
Release for fix of long long log - deletes displayed log entries every 6 hours or so to minimise any UI slowdown.

Attachments

• BlackvueDownloader.2.9.9.9.64bit.zip
    970.3 KB · Views: 27
Glenn this is a fantastic app - nice job! It's *precisely* what I was looking for. I was about to cobble together the PowerShell script from somewhere here in this forum with that other guy's batch file (it pings the subnet, then sifts through the ARP table to find a Blackvue MAC, then uses wget to retrieve files. Now I don't need to!

When you do upload this project to your Github site, one enhancement suggestion would be to incorporate an "update checker" that looks weekly/monthly for updated versions. Another would be to provide a button to also provide a live view for the/a rear camera.

Thanks for sharing this!

Glenn this is a fantastic app - nice job! It's *precisely* what I was looking for. I was about to cobble together the PowerShell script from somewhere here in this forum with that other guy's batch file (it pings the subnet, then sifts through the ARP table to find a Blackvue MAC, then uses wget to retrieve files. Now I don't need to!

When you do upload this project to your Github site, one enhancement suggestion would be to incorporate an "update checker" that looks weekly/monthly for updated versions. Another would be to provide a button to also provide a live view for the/a rear camera.

Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks for the feedback - all appreciated!

About to post version 3 with a few changes, and better display of info of the recently connected cameras.
Have addressed the rear camera LiveView in this version (I think can't completely test). As for update stuff - bit of a minefield, phoning home network apps or downloading etc.etc. (but can think on it)

Thanks

Glenn

Back