VIOFO A129 doesn't turn on anymore with memory card inside

radzik07

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi, I've just noticed that my A129 duo does not turn on anymore. One short red blink of the diode and thats it. So I took it home, took SD card off, it works. I checked with other card, it works. It just doesn't accept my Transcend 128gb card anymore.
I connected the card to my computer, it works, I noticed it was almost full (like it probably supposed to be), I removed some recordings to free up some space, didn't help. I must say that I just checked and I was on an outdated firmware (1.3 build 20180730) so I updated to 1.5 - same, not working. I removed the bin file that was on the SD card and it worked.
I just did a format, it now works, the question is when its gonna stop again.
Anyone faced something similar?

When the Transcend card is used again.

It's the card, test it with the other card.

BS. Please read what I wrote. I tested with other card and I formatted Transcend card - currently it works.

You shouldn't have had a bin file on it, if it was the loader then that would explain the issue!
If it was the firmware then it should still start up after a long delay.

You shouldn't have had a bin file on it, if it was the loader then that would explain the issue!
If it was the firmware then it should still start up after a long delay.

When I now think about this, there's a big chance that could indeed be a firmware file... it was like A129.bin or something similar. I remember I had some troubles with updating the firmware via iOS viofo app, I think it was failing at sending it to the device...
thanks for help. I'll have eyes open, hope it was single time situation

Last edited:
Back