Looking for discrete, front and rear with parking protection

treminga

Reaction score
Country
United States
As the subject suggests I am looking for a dashcam setup with the main properties...

1.) Discrete- I like the Thinkware, BlackVue and Blueskysea model that don't have screens. I always have my iPhone and the aesthetics of having a small pill type unit is my #1 goal- baring poor video quality (obviously #1)
2.) Really would like a dual channel, or if it means having two separate cameras, one front, one rear, no need/desire for inside the cabin
3.) Would really like to have parking protection with G-sensor built in, and some how automatic switch to that type of mode once power is turned off from the car
4.) Price is less important, but spending under $300 per SET would be ideal. So if it's 2x $100, or a dual channel setup under $300 that is what I am shooting for. Not looking for the $450 BlackVue setup.
5.) Clean hardwiring option- again goes to the #1, just want it as aesthetically pleasing as possible.
6.) Long shot would to allow me to move the cameras between two different cars to save on having two full setups. I have a seasonal car, not daily switching, but could be weekly for several months.

I have 2 vehicles- 2017 Explorer Sport and a 2000 Audi TT. I have always wanted to get a dash cam setup for protection. The aesthetics are paramount for me, and likely wouldn't be looking at footage on a screen besides my cell phone. No issue if it just records to an onboard card and I have to pull that.

You could wait a few months for one of the dual remote systems on the horizon, they have camera units smaller or a lot smaller than most dashcams, even the little B1W which i also have and use for cabin camera.
This PIC are of the K2S we are testing on ( not yet production ) and the rear remote camera of my SG9663DC that i assume will be used in some systems too.
img_20190126_141410-jpg.44306

The "BIG" camera are 3-4 CM wide, the K2S camera units even smaller at a ince wide or so, but then have a fixed wire coming off it you have to contend with, on my rear hatch in the PIC here i have not done anything to try and hide the K2S camera wire, it can be bent tucked in even more if you like.

None of the systems don't really lend them self to moving around between vehicles as they glue on the windscreen the dual remote even more so as both cameras are remote ones and the main unit stashed somewhere else on the car.
Most new cameras have wifi, and mostly both Android and IOS APPs, but it is not something i use myself as my heartbeat double when i touch my phone which i dislike much like all phones.
APPs are more or less sucessfull and mature, Blackvue and thinkware the the "smart" feature brands, i personally focus on cameras that just record good video.

You could wait a few months for one of the dual remote systems on the horizon, they have camera units smaller or a lot smaller than most dashcams, even the little B1W which i also have and use for cabin camera.
This PIC are of the K2S we are testing on ( not yet production ) and the rear remote camera of my SG9663DC that i assume will be used in some systems too.
img_20190126_141410-jpg.44306

The "BIG" camera are 3-4 CM wide, the K2S camera units even smaller at a ince wide or so, but then have a fixed wire coming off it you have to contend with, on my rear hatch in the PIC here i have not done anything to try and hide the K2S camera wire, it can be bent tucked in even more if you like.

None of the systems don't really lend them self to moving around between vehicles as they glue on the windscreen the dual remote even more so as both cameras are remote ones and the main unit stashed somewhere else on the car.
Most new cameras have wifi, and mostly both Android and IOS APPs, but it is not something i use myself as my heartbeat double when i touch my phone which i dislike much like all phones.
APPs are more or less sucessfull and mature, Blackvue and thinkware the the "smart" feature brands, i personally focus on cameras that just record good video.
Any Idea when the K2S is being released and any idea on what the price will be?

Nope i have no idea what the timeline will be, i would not hurry too much as i feel we still have some work to do.
But i assume it will be around the same time we will see other dual remote cameras from other brands, so in Aussie terms some time in late fall / winter or a couple of months if things go well.

But i am guessing here !!!!!!!

Back