Mobius Maxi Support Thread

That's an interesting observation. The camera should not go into standby mode at all when external power is removed.

What is your 'power-off disconnect' setting? When using a capacitor it should be 'immediate'. The '2 seconds' option also works for me.
it's immediate (always was - before the "power off standby" change and after)

Mobius read this thread. Hopefully this bug can be checked and resolved in a future FW update. For now, change power-off standby back to 30s. It should not affect the camera operation as it's never going into standby, assuming it auto starts & stops recording on external power.

good to know, so another bug from the other thread -
when downloading a file on the Android app, and the screen turns off after some time, it pretty much disconnects the app from the Maxi which breaks the download.

Dose eletoponline365 upgrade the FW before they ship out the Maxi? If not what version of FW will be on the Maxi?

unlikely, even the original Mobius they send out with outdated firmware on it
Is there away to save FW that on Maxi that it was ship with because I would like to keep it?

unlikely, even the original Mobius they send out with outdated firmware on it
Really? The last time I bought a Mobius 1 it came with v2.41 which is the latest version.

Really? The last time I bought a Mobius 1 it came with v2.41 which is the latest version.

they must have done another production, for the longest time they were shipping with very outdated firmware, likely the current version at time of production, but they don't ever update them after production, YMMV if bought from a reseller, can only go by cameras that I have purchased directly from their own eBay store

I am sure the Mobius 2 has a 1/2.3 Sensor because that what mind has.
I've not opened one up to have a look, but I would be surprised if the sensor is as big as 1/2.3"

they must have done another production, for the longest time they were shipping with very outdated firmware, likely the current version at time of production, but they don't ever update them after production, YMMV if bought from a reseller, can only go by cameras that I have purchased directly from their own eBay store
OK. I wasn't aware of that.

As you say, it's really easy to change to new or old firmware.

another bug:
when the camera is a bit hot, using the wifi is very unstable -
possible to connect but as the Maxi getting even hotter (from the Wifi usage), the app will freeze at one point and won't be able to connect anymore.
the phone does stay connected to its Wifi network but the app wouldn't connect anymore to it, only after external power disconnection & waiting until capacitor drained, i managed to connect again to Wifi.
This leads me to believe , the Maxi locks up fairly easy upon heat, that Mobius1 could stand easily. This doesn't happen at evening or before the Maxi started recording - Wifi connection in that situation works flawlessly .

Dose eletoponline365 upgrade the FW before they ship out the Maxi? If not what version of FW will be on the Maxi?
Is there away to save FW that on Maxi that it was ship with because I would like to keep it?
No way to say for sure what version will be on your Maxi until you get it.

It's not possible to save the firmware from the camera. The firmware is stored in a file that is deleted from the microSD card whenever you upgrade the firmware.

If you want to change to an older firmware version for a particular reason then send me a PM as I have all of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2019-03-13 10-05-21.png
    Screenshot at 2019-03-13 10-05-21.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot at 2019-03-13 10-06-01.png
    Screenshot at 2019-03-13 10-06-01.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 5
I don't what going with the link but here what I see and here is 2 screen shots.
Your link was to an eBay item that is now expired. @Dashmellow probably got a Mobius Mini as the "we found something similar" suggestion? I got a Maxi Module for my suggestion:

Looking at the original listing, as per your screenshots, they state the image sensor size as 1/2.8", which is significantly smaller than 1/2.3".

Whether or not this seller's listing is accurate is debatable, since they're not a verified Mobius vendor.

I am sure the Mobius 2 has a 1/2.3 Sensor because that what mind has.
I found the RCG post where you said which lens you bought for your Mobius 2:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112151028854
The lens is designed for a maximum sensor size of 1/2.3" (or is it 1/1.8"?), therefore it works with all the Mobius (1, 2 & Maxi) that have smaller sensors.

Back