Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Your link was to an eBay item that is now expired. @Dashmellow probably got a Mobius Mini as the "we found something similar" suggestion? I got a Maxi Module for my suggestion:

View attachment 45245

Looking at the original listing, as per your screenshots, they state the image sensor size as 1/2.8", which is significantly smaller than 1/2.3".

Whether or not this seller's listing is accurate is debatable, since they're not a verified Mobius vendor.

You're quite right, it was indeed a "We found something similar" link. Missed that. Probably should have had my morning coffee before replying. :coffee::facepalm:

Sensor sizes can be confusing to those who don't understand how the sizes work.

(The link comes up as a Maxi Module for me too now.)

another bug:
when the camera is a bit hot, using the wifi is very unstable -
possible to connect but as the Maxi getting even hotter (from the Wifi usage), the app will freeze at one point and won't be able to connect anymore.
the phone does stay connected to its Wifi network but the app wouldn't connect anymore to it, only after external power disconnection & waiting until capacitor drained, i managed to connect again to Wifi.
Sometimes when my Android phone says it is still connected to a camera wifi network, the companion app will refuse to connect (affects the Maxi and other cameras that I use). I have to forget the network then re-connect. That's an Android issue, not the fault of each camera.

I don't know if this helps in your situation?

Sometimes when my Android phone says it is still connected to a camera wifi network, the companion app will refuse to connect (affects the Maxi and other cameras that I use). I have to forget the network then re-connect. That's an Android issue, not the fault of each camera.

I don't know if this helps in your situation?
i'll see if that's the case in the situation i have next time it happens. but when it locks up, i'm not able to turn it off - only after the capacitor drains

i'll see if that's the case in the situation i have next time it happens. but when it locks up, i'm not able to turn it off - only after the capacitor drains
So it's the camera that locks up, not the app?
Although not ideal, you can usually get the camera working again by pushing the reset button, rather than waiting for the capacitor or battery to drain.

Is this "Mobius 1 Actioncam Mounting Base W/ Threaded Insert" the same as the Maxi?

So it's the camera that locks up, not the app?
Although not ideal, you can usually get the camera working again by pushing the reset button, rather than waiting for the capacitor or battery to drain.
to be honest, i'm not too sure anymore. going to try your Android wifi network forget advise next time this happens.
one thing for sure - when it happens, i can't turn off the Maxi using its power button

Is this "Mobius 1 Actioncam Mounting Base W/ Threaded Insert" the same as the Maxi?
No, they are slightly different. Each "cradle" can basically fit both cameras but they will not align or snap-in and remain securely in place.
The M1 fits in the Maxi cradle. The cradle grips into the groove on the side of the camera, but the front pins do not hold it in place, so it can slide out.

The Maxi does not really fit into the M1 cradle. It sits too high for the groove or front pins to engage.

y4mNJ80K747qzX-oPkA-MoIjzSVganmTgJH4gYou-S07_7GQAsgJnehiAM0TbKwzDt7cINXZy1dlzUTTcYJ0o_MiIUMAyNSjVCOpbuLsTCSz0nR3iNQcN6t0vT56SnQzm2BFJarFNmo7Ngw0GeF2NHMS9kgiYpUkLLHNByITRc-HtHYRP1ZZF2iNDv6fXAILXcmtfdoYYJO2VCtafET7P0ufg

y4mPL-9OlalhvQjCusMKUowJt-N8ul0pYlzhpwNuU9f8RBPY-dVVoAocxHHbMNQwqn9377l9lYcqW0PmTgKtYHMPP4mKsEzwTuUrsxVLjpFvkCPNKcjQ9ZLZQwH7nZ65UCkGTkDdV7tgLac01m2nG2eLJSZToug2dpQmX9jAyTsCgpXTSGqFaP_VDwxkrzIm56LErU0RzQhRupehPWRw-9y7Q

Can someone post screenshots of msetup for the Maxi of each screen? I want to make sure I do it right.

Can someone post screenshots of msetup for the Maxi of each screen? I want to make sure I do it right.
Next week, yes

For some weird reason all the screen shots of both the M1 and Maxi mSetup GUI disappeared from the RCGroups support pages quite some time ago. @TonyM, do you have any insight into that?
Sorry, I have no idea. Even the M1 ones? I can't say that I have looked for them lately.

Sorry, I have no idea. Even the M1 ones? I can't say that I have looked for them lately.

I dunno, since maybe a month ago (maybe even longer, I forget) when I've checked into either the Maxi or M1 RCgroups support page everything looks and works perfectly including all the graphics and close up images of the cameras, when I scroll down to the GUI section the images are gone and I just get icons from my browser ( latest Firefox) indicating a broken image tag.

Am I the only one seeing this? If not, maybe it's a browser issue on my end?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25178932&postcount=6

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=39124134&postcount=6

Screen grab - "The Mobius Maxi Support Thread"

I dunno, since maybe a month ago (maybe even longer, I forget) when I've checked into either the Maxi or M1 RCgroups support page everything looks and works perfectly including all the graphics and close up images of the cameras, when I scroll down to the GUI section the images are gone and I just get icons from my browser ( latest Firefox) indicating a broken image tag.

Am I the only one seeing this? If not, maybe it's a browser issue on my end?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25178932&postcount=6

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=39124134&postcount=6

Screen grab - "The Mobius Maxi Support Thread"
View attachment 45355
Not just you. I'm viewing on a phone browser - there's just empty white space, no icons.

Might be an issue with Isoprop's server if those images are hyperlinked.

Do you spend much time at RCG?

Back