Infiniti Q50 hardwire Viofo A129 GPS Dual

skansen

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Bought the Viofo A129 GPS DUAL, BlackVue Magic Ultra Battery B-124, Viofo Hardwire Kit ACC, Samsung Evo 128GB memory card and Bluetooth remote control and some additional cables. Installed into Infiniti Q50 hybrid MY2017 (European).

It was necessary to remove A-piller covers, sunvisors, ceiling lamps, central console, trunk covers etc.

Front camera is attached to the windshield. Rear camera is attached to the rear window.

Power wires go from the trunk fusebox thru the headlining. Cable to the rear camera also go thru headlining.
bagaznik (2).jpg45377

Mini Jack 3,5mm 4PIN - 3x RCA Cinch cable connects Camera with central console main screen:

Last edited:
To the video input of the monitor, TV, you can use one contact, and not three, only this jack.

Attachments

• AV.jpg
    AV.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • TV.jpg
    TV.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 52
To the video input of the monitor, TV, you can use one contact, and not three, only this jack.

The idea was to playback audio as well, so it's thats why all jacks are connected. Yellow cinch is for video only.
But if somebody needs just video one cinch is enough...

The idea was to playback audio as well, so it's thats why all jacks are connected.
Then yes, just why?
I watch video from dvr and listen to music.

Then yes, just why?
I watch video from dvr and listen to music.

Just checked - if just one (yellow - video in) cinch is connected only picture is played.
Sound appears after connecting two remaining cinchs.

Sound from which source?
There is no sound in AV output !!!

In this installation camera is recording video from both channels (front and rear) and audio (from internal microphone).
In playback mode recorded files(with sound!) are played using central console screen and car speakers...
So - there is sound in AV output.

Last edited:
And where is the play mode in A129D?

User Manual page 15:

Playback Videos
Under standby mode (not recording), press [ ! ] button to enter the playlist.
Use the arrow buttons [<| |> ] to select the desired video and press the button [ ! ] to play.
Press the [ = ] button to exit.

Understood thanks!!
DVR I have a second day.
There is no Russian manual, but it is inconvenient with a translator !!

You are welcome.
In what car are you going to install A129?

Bought the Viofo A129 GPS DUAL, BlackVue Magic Ultra Battery B-124, Viofo Hardwire Kit ACC, Samsung Evo 128GB memory card and Bluetooth remote control and some additional cables. Installed into Infiniti Q50 hybrid MY2017 (European).

It was necessary to remove A-piller covers, sunvisors, ceiling lamps, central console, trunk covers etc.
View attachment 45368View attachment 45369View attachment 45370

Front camera is attached to the windshield. Rear camera is attached to the rear window.
View attachment 45372View attachment 45373View attachment 45374

Power wires go from the trunk fusebox thru the headlining. Cable to the rear camera also go thru headlining.
View attachment 45376View attachment 45377

Mini Jack 3,5mm 4PIN - 3x RCA Cinch cable connects Camera with central console main screen:
View attachment 45379View attachment 45380
Hey skansen, how did you connect your A129 to the blackvue b-124 battery? Did you just the cigarette 12v connection or the HK3 kit? Does it give all the parking mode functionalities? Thanks

Hey skansen, how did you connect your A129 to the blackvue b-124 battery? Did you just the cigarette 12v connection or the HK3 kit? Does it give all the parking mode functionalities?

Hi teefdoc,

In this installation I'm using Viofo Hardwire Kit, mainly for switching parking/normal mode on camera. All parking mode functionalities are working well.
montaz-3-jpg.45370

Viofo Hardwire Kit is connected with B-124 using 3 wire cable, made by me using silicone wires. Yellow wires were not available so I made my cable using two reds (photo below).

My custom cable is simillar to the Black Vue Dashcam hardwiring power cable (3 wired) (photo below). This cable is not avilable in Poland so I decided to do it myself rather than wait for international shipping.

Hi teefdoc,

In this installation I'm using Viofo Hardwire Kit, mainly for switching parking/normal mode on camera. All parking mode functionalities are working well.
montaz-3-jpg.45370

Viofo Hardwire Kit is connected with B-124 using 3 wire cable, made by me using silicone wires. Yellow wires were not available so I made my cable using two reds (photo below).
View attachment 45569

My custom cable is simillar to the Black Vue Dashcam hardwiring power cable (3 wired) (photo below). This cable is not avilable in Poland so I decided to do it myself rather than wait for international shipping.
View attachment 45570

Thank you Skansen for the photos and explanation,

Glad to know your A129 + B-124 combination is working well. When I asked blackboxmycar, they said the voltage cut-off regulator of the HK3 will cause the camera to power off before the battery pack drains. Do you know if your B-124 drops below the lowest HK3 voltage cutoff setting (11.8V) during use?

Also, if I were to make a similar cable for my cellink neo, couldn't I just plug a molex connector to the 3-wire end of the HK3 kit, so I don't need to splice extra wires? My cellink neo comes with a a cigarette output cable, from which I can take the connector out of.

Last edited:
Glad to know your A129 + B-124 combination is working well. When I asked blackboxmycar, they said the voltage cut-off regulator of the HK3 will cause the camera to power off before the battery pack drains. Do you know if your B-124 drops below the lowest HK3 voltage cutoff setting (11.8V) during use?

Cut of voltage on kit is set on the lowest level - 11.8V. Power Bank will provide ~12V until the end. Once I left car for more than 24 hours camera was recording until power bank was completely empty.

Also, if I were to make a similar cable for my cellink neo, couldn't I just plug a molex connector to the 3-wire end of the HK3 kit, so I don't need to splice extra wires? My cellink neo comes with a a cigarette output cable, from which I can take the connector out of.

Yes you can. I need longer cables so I shortened factory hardwire cables and the whole distance I wired with silicone cables. I suggest the same for you, even if hardwire kit cables are long enough. Its because insulation of hardwire cables is very thick and as a result its difficult to properly connect molex pin. Silicone cables are also more flexible and durable.
Parts number of molex components are as follow:
430300007 crimp terminal
797580010 crimp terminal with 300mm 20 AWG cable
436450400 crimp housing

Hello @skansen !
I try to follow your soution, in my Ford S-Max (2019) car. I already have a Viofo A129 dashcam with HK3 3 wire hardwire kit. Today I oreded a Blackvue Power Magic Ultra Battery (B-124). So, I would like ask for you, what is the correct cable order on the B-124 Dashcam port (left to right)? The HK3 has 3 wire: Yellow: ACC+, Red: permanenet +12V, Black: GND -12V. Thank You!
KSkm2Vm.png

Hi teefdoc,

montaz-3-jpg.45370

View attachment 45569

View attachment 45570

Hi @hatragyi .

First of all - you need cable, which is not included to the Black Vue Power Magic.
You can make DIY cable using Molex components. Parts number of Molex components are as follow:
430300007 crimp terminal
797580010 crimp terminal with 300mm 20 AWG cable
436450400 crimp housing

Picture below shows cable connection:
848be5dc18d2c89b.jpg

Last edited:
Back