Buffered parking mode coming soon to the A129?

Excited to try buffered parking when released. Curious if low bitrate option will be available for buffered parking mode? That way in busy areas it won't take up alot of memory space?
Beta version I tested recorded buffered video at low bitrate. Of course that may change for the final version.

Any ETA on the final (non-beta) version?

So what is the status on the release date?

Yes, in buffered parking mode, it also triggers with movement. While there is continuous movement, will keep recording.

Hello, any update on the release up the new firmware?

Would love to test it as well!

I also can't wait for the new firmware including buffered parking mode. :)

I would also love if the Viofo would have something like a timer function. I would set a recording time from 6am to 8pm. At night when it's dark in my street, I won't be able to recognize car models or licence plates anyway.

Reactions: LMJ
how would this work for rear camera?

situation example: i parked my car front in busy parking lot. some fool hit my parked car and scuffed my rear bumper and drove off. Would A129 be able to pick up motion detection and impact for rear cam?

how would this work for rear camera?

situation example: i parked my car front in busy parking lot. some fool hit my parked car and scuffed my rear bumper and drove off. Would A129 be able to pick up motion detection and impact for rear cam?
Yes, I believe the plan is to have motion detection active on both front and rear cameras during buffered parking mode.

Is there something new on the new firmware?

with the beta firmware, rapid flashing in parking mode means its not currently writing to the SD card and slow flashing means writing to the SD card, correct?

Seems that no matter what I do, jumping, walking, etc, infront of both cameras during parking mode, its not activating the buffered event mode.

I tried this with a Viofo A129 with a power-bank inside my house.
  • It works! :love:
  • It continuously keeps the camera running. If your intension is to save power by using the parking mode, this might not help. :rolleyes:
  • When it saves videos to your memory card, it crops the video including a few seconds before and after the motion took place in front of the camera. If your intention is to avoid recording hours of empty video, this works perfectly, because then you can locate the relevant events very easily. ;)
Note: Before doing this, I upgraded the firmware version to 1.9 :blackalien:

Thank you.

Back