K2S dual channel fullHD 1080P hidden recording system

I have both means of power connected, but the OBD are off as i was not sure ( there was some talking about changing something in its hardware i think )
So for my drive tomorrow i will use regular power, then the day after tomorrow i will take a little drive and use the OBD power instead and then check parking mode ( G sensor trigger )

Can parking mode run off just the obd2 port only?
Yes this way the OBD port function like a hard wire kit, so the little plug/adapter have build in cut off voltage ( and a little manual on/off switch )

here is a new choice for power source,

Camdii power magic pro for cars:
12/24V input, 5V2A (USB1) QC 24W (USB2) and cigar socket (36W) output, total 72W.
battery drain protection (11.8V, 12.0V, 12.2V, 12.4V compatible 24V)
parking power delay (optional from 0 to 36 hours)

patent certificate on the way.

id.jpgid1.jpg

Last edited:
You keep pulling rabbits out of the hat :cool:
Look sweet. (y)
2 X DIP for cut off voltage - 3 X DIP for timer ( i assume )

My new SD cards have been shipped, so next week will let me try a few more things when they arrive.

Phil

Camdii power pro for cars:
12/24V input, 5V2A (USB1) QC 24W (USB2) and cigar socket (36W) output, total 72W.
Looks like a great idea for a universal timed hardwire kit option for any camera (or three).

Camdii power magic pro for cars:

patent certificate on the way.

View attachment 45575View attachment 45576
What would be the point of using this instead of the OBD2 port for the K2S system?

What would be the point of using this instead of the OBD2 port for the K2S system?
The OBD2 cable just plugs into the OBD socket, with this you will need to hardwire it to the fuse box with a fuse tap, and make that difficult choice of which fuse to tap into, or maybe which fuses if it needs power and accessory fuse taps.

Nice to see the 12V output. Do all 12V cameras use the accessory socket plug, or would it be good to also have a screw terminal or fuse tap socket for 12V output? Some 12V cameras may require power and Acc cables for parking mode, so fuse tap sockets would be easier to use?

And I think the QC output is a USB PD output, maybe it is better to call it USB PD?

why do you think it's a PD output?
Because it is labelled 24W and the QC that is 24W uses USB PD, according to Wikipedia...

not sure how accurate Wikipedia is on this, I would expect if it was PD that's what Rayman would be promoting it as, I'm sure he can clarify

not sure how accurate Wikipedia is on this, I would expect if it was PD that's what Rayman would be promoting it as, I'm sure he can clarify
Yes, that is why I said "I think". The point I was making was that if I am looking for a high output power bank then I look for a USB PD power bank since USB PD is defined by the USB standards people, anything else like QC is not standard. I'm not sure how accurate that is though, it is a bit confusing with multiple standards in use, so I stick to USB PD.

I've only seen PD output over Type C, not USB-A
Maybe this is only 9V and is QC but is providing more current than it should for QC. I think USB PD would use 12/18V for 24W.

Maybe a USB Type C output would be preferable? After all, it is probably not for a dashcam, no dashcam needs 24W of power!

Maybe this is only 9V and is QC but is providing more current than it should for QC. I think USB PD would use 12/18V for 24W.

Maybe a USB Type C output would be preferable? After all, it is probably not for a dashcam, no dashcam needs 24W of power!
Indeed, the labels are not completely clear, perhaps 24W is the total power of the adapter 12V>5V over two ports (5V * 2.4A*2 ports)
*2.4 Amps - the maximum current allowed by the specification of USB-2.0
For Power Delivery according to the specification provides a power of 27 watts.

And the inscription QC may have meant simply fast charging in the sense that it has high power... or maybe just Quantity of Charging :p
...and these are just ports for the convenience of users to which additional gadgets can be connected, and the main port is a cigarette lighter socket, which is controlled by switches

Last edited:
And the inscription QC may have meant simply fast charging in the sense that it has high power... or maybe just Quantity of Charging :p
You wouldn't put 24W over a standard USB cable without increasing the voltage above 5V, so it must have some protocol, either QC or USB-PD or both.

I've only seen PD output over Type C, not USB-A
I think since version 2 of USB-PD, it has required a USB Type C cable, and version 1 wasn't very popular since QC came first.

could be, anyone that uses Qualcomm QC generally takes advantage of the QC registered trademark logo on their product

the two USB-A sockets have seperate DC-DC circult so they will not affect each other. ( there are some dual USB port charger, if you use the Quick Charge port only you can get 9v/12v, but if you use both ports then you will get both 5V on both ports).

the bottom charging USB socket support DCP protocol and MAX current 3A but we limit it to 2A for heating reason.
the top USB socket support DCP/QC2.0/QC3.0/PE1.1/PE2.0/FCP/SCP/AFC/SFCP protocol which can output MAX 12V2A when the car engine on (input more than 13V).

if we use a entry level Synchronous Buck converter for USB-PD, it can only output 12V 2.5A on a 12V accumulator car when engine on. (20V2A available for 24V truck.)
Of course if we choose a buck-boost controller for PD, it can output 20V5A while 12V input, but the cost will be much higher, both on the power device and Emark USB-C to USB-C cable.

most our consumers are 12V car user, so we think it is not a difficult choice between QC 12V2A and PD 12V2.5A.

for a cell phone re-charging in car, I think most quick charging cell phone are 18W, only few new phones can achieve >30W with a wall charger.
for a power bank re-charging, I think most guy would like to recharge at home not in car, but only a temporary measure.

what is your thought?

Last edited:

Older vehicles don't have an OBD port, like my 91 workvan or someone's restored vintage car they want to use this cam in. The OBD port might be placed where a plug would get in the way like my old Buick was. And the port might be in use for something else.

With the multiple output ports on this I can see a lot of folks using it and not just for this cam alone. I'll probably be getting this myself as it will clean up the mess of my current cam power system which is beginning to look like a pile of spaghetti and isn't working as well as I'd like it to.

Phil

Back