DVR won’t turn off

that's not normal, what memory card and what power supply are you using?
Samsung evo class 10 128gb. INNOVV Power hub and the supplied power supply. No problem with recording. On a long hot ride, the DVR gets very hot.
Tell me what temperature is normal and I’ll send you a photo of the temperature shot with a thermal gun.

that's not normal, what memory card and what power supply are you using?
If you open the casing, you will see the main chip stuck to the back casing with a heat transfer tape. Over time,or over a few hours of continuos recording, this casing will not be able to contain the heat and the heat is dissipated to surrounding components and that’s when the DVR starts to play up.

If you open the casing, you will see the main chip stuck to the back casing with a heat transfer tape. Over time,or over a few hours of continuos recording, this casing will not be able to contain the heat and the heat is dissipated to surrounding components and that’s when the DVR starts to play up.

I believe they're using the case to dissipate heat so it's expected that the case will get hot, it's not something that normally gets much of a mention so it could be that it's just your one that has a problem and is running excessively hot, see how you go with the temps and you'll see where it is compared to others if there might be some other problem

It’s too bad. The customer should not be the proving ground. I thought they might have learned their lesson after the K1.

It’s too bad. The customer should not be the proving ground. I thought they might have learned their lesson after the K1.

If there end up being an unusual hot DVR issue, a replacement is no problem just contact @OCD Tronic Canada. We don't have any other reports of this with K2 in the USA. K2 is made at a different factory than K1 not related at all. K1 was a rebrand of another product. K2 was designed from the ground up

Last edited:
This is the hottest spot I could find it’s been on and recording for 2 hours on the bench. Feels normal warm. 38C/102F

c248bf264907a176c8a5887b035489c2.jpg

f286d2ac2641f24fe427dfabfbc4b3ad.jpg

Back