Need mini video cam to record from our door window

I don't have time at the moment to watch the whole lengthy video so I'll just ask. How long will this camera run on batteries before it requires charging?
not sure about that one, the Ring can go for months on a charge, but the functionality is reduced when running on batteries, doorbell cams are unlikely to catch what's going on in this case though so probably not the right solution regardless, I have a Ring doorbell here at the office and it's great for what it does, it wouldn't work for his scenario I'm sure

not sure about that one, the Ring can go for months on a charge, but the functionality is reduced when running on batteries, doorbell cams are unlikely to catch what's going on in this case though so probably not the right solution regardless, I have a Ring doorbell here at the office and it's great for what it does, it wouldn't work for his scenario I'm sure

My neighbor has ring cameras on his house and they get pummeled by the harsh elements here. I'm not even sure they work anymore other than being a deterrent because they are very visible and unique looking. Months of charge at a time sounds promising but I'm skeptical and I would worry about losing mission critical footage at the worst possible moment if the batteries died unexpectedly. Traditional CCTV cams for me.

yeah it's not the ideal solution, I hardwired our office Ring and it does what I need very well, we still have proper CCTV for the real stuff though

That looks OK but that's not how that tape works! The tape is double sided; it is sticky on both sides. That means that you need to remove the protective plastic with the "3M" printing on it from the tape and use strips of tape between the back of the power bank and the door frame. In other words, it would be the same as the typical 3M VHB tape that comes on dash cam mounts for attaching to your car's windshield. The way you used it will work but it's messy to remove and you are wasting a lot of expensive 3M VHB tape! It will be a real hassle each time you need to charge the power bank.

Please consider getting some Scotch Fasteners like I mentioned above. It will make your life much easier when you want to charge the power bank each time because it works like Velcro and so you can remove the power bank and then snap it back on.

Also see this document: "How to use 3M™ VHB™ Tapes".
says sets of 12, will this do? easy to remove and reuse? I will watch youtube videos of this type of tape. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JDSSAWU Never even heard of this or the 3m VHB tape. Always learning something new.

It comes in various packaging, shapes, sizes, colors (black or clear) and quantities.
Used less then last time and sticks good. I peeled the logo. Fully charged 16k Anker battery last 4 days

Attachments

• AAF2E199-1E28-48E4-BD33-1E73EF776BE6.jpeg
    AAF2E199-1E28-48E4-BD33-1E73EF776BE6.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 14
Looks much better than before. Still not quite the way I would go about using 3M VHB tape for this project, but if it works, that's all that matters. :)

It would be interesting to see a screen shot or two of what your WyzeCam is seeing.

Looks much better than before. Still not quite the way I would go about using 3M VHB tape for this project, but if it works, that's all that matters. :)

It would be interesting to see a screen shot or two of what your WyzeCam is seeing.
This is an awesome camera and I watched the clips and the price is just something I never thought would be cheap. I looked at various ways to apply this on YouTube and all they show is just peel the first part with the logo.

This is an awesome camera and I watched the clips and the price is just something I never thought would be cheap. I looked at various ways to apply this on YouTube and all they show is just peel the first part with the logo.

Yes it is awesome. As I said early in this thread, "Amazing product for the money!"

I'm not sure quite what you mean about YouTube where "all they show is just peel the first part with the logo" but VHB tape is a two sided tape that is used for sticking objects together, not wrapping around objects.

Has the camera seen anything interesting yet?

Has the camera seen anything interesting yet?
Not yet. It just caught neighbors walking up and down the stairs in the morning and evening. The 12 sec motion detection is cool . No need for SD card although I inserted one inside. I applied red hot chilly powder under the door under the curb and around the doormat . So far no food is hidden there but I will set the cam for couple of weeks.

it would be funny if a little mouse tasted the chili powder and ran up the side of the door and got stuck on the exposed VHB tape lol. just joking had to say it lol.
Yes the Wyze cam is very good I actually like it better then my Nest cam which is like 7 times the price

Unfortunately we can't buy Wyze cam in the UK. I might ask a relative to bring one over later this year.

I'm guessing its a giant rat.

Having hard time removing the battery. This tape is so sticky. What should I do? Forcefully pull out ?

Attachments

• BBDD02DE-BFA0-4043-86E7-F81CB929FFC2.jpeg
    BBDD02DE-BFA0-4043-86E7-F81CB929FFC2.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 11
Having hard time removing the battery. This tape is so sticky. What should I do? Forcefully pull out ?

Use a tool, such as a putty knife. Slowly work the tool behind the power bank near where the tape is, wiggling and prying gently as you pull the unit away from the door frame with your other hand. It will come off with a little help.

This problem was actually why I recommended the Dual Lock tape which is like super strong Velcro and would allow you to mount and remove the power bank at will for recharging.

These tapes are so damn expensive . I better try again to see if the cord can be hidden so it won’t touch the door or call someone for help. Got to use the power cord to save money and hassle! Fully charged 16k battery last only 2 days.

These tapes are so damn expensive . I better try again to see if the cord can be hidden so it won’t touch the door or call someone for help. Got to use the power cord to save money and hassle! Fully charged 16k battery last only 2 days.

These tapes are expensive but you can buy a smaller package for only a few dollars. For your purposes you don't need much. You'll find smaller packages at places like Walgreens, Home Depot or Amazon.

Look for "Scotch Fasteners" (same as Dual Lock tape)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00347A8GM

Back