A real melt down for Mobius

MartinM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst visiting my daughter, I forgot to unplug my 2 Mobius cameras in my van. About 2 hours later I went out to get an item from the back of the van, only to smell this terrible odour, and thought that someone was burning rubbish. At that point my daughters partner can rushing out saying I had a fire in the cab.

Here is the result!

Had some good footage on the sd card which is now welded to the camera, bummer!

Attachments

• WP_20190420_21_55_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190420_21_55_52_Pro.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 46
  • WP_20190420_21_56_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190420_21_56_18_Pro.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 43
  • WP_20190420_21_56_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190420_21_56_34_Pro.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 38
Burnt electronics smell is awful and sticks around quite a while that's for sure.

Time to upgrade to something with a legit parking option mode I think

Burning lithium batteries release toxic chemicals, get rid of that, clean all the contaminated surfaces, and ventilate

Have you tried plugging it in to see if you can recover the footage?

Whilst visiting my daughter, I forgot to unplug my 2 Mobius cameras in my van. About 2 hours later I went out to get an item from the back of the van, only to smell this terrible odour, and thought that someone was burning rubbish. At that point my daughters partner can rushing out saying I had a fire in the cab.

Here is the result!

There is a clear liquid that people use to get rid of smells in the home, I don't remember the name of it but it might help a lot to get rid of the stench. It's sold practically everywhere, Lowe's, Home Depot, grocery stores, etc,.

Have you tried plugging it in to see if you can recover the footage?
As it happens, I did try that a couple of days ago, but with no joy, then I thought, "what the hell, I have nothing to lose if I damaged the sd card as I can't use it like this" so I took a very stiff and pointed knife and managed to break open the metal compartment the card was in. The card was, looking in pretty good shape, so I cleaned it up a bit, popped it into my other Mobius and all the files are still good, those cards are amazing. I wish I was 50 years younger, I can't even amadgin what's going to be around in 50 years time.

I cleaned it up a bit, popped it into my other Mobius and all the files are still good, those cards are amazing.
What fireproof brand do you use?!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Mobius 25
N Mobius 8
Spinball Mobius 14
Back