Mobius Maxi Support Thread

On both occasions this has happened to me I have put the Maxi on charge but the Green light goes off after a couple of minutes. I have then fired it up and the Maxi records for around 90 minutes. I doubt this is a battery issue.
If it's not the battery then it could be a FW or setup issue. I mentioned the battery first as that's usually the primary reason for clock errors.

How do you setup your camera? With mSetup, mobile app, or manually editing the syscfg file?

Only twice this has happened or at least that I have noticed so is hard to replicate. I cannot hint at what might have been the same circumstances to cause it.

I use mSetup every time (it is a wonderful little program), although....................................When connecting to the computer if I first go and view a clip I find I cannot then get to the GUI. Pressing the shutter button does nothing. I have to turn the Maxi off and try again. If I do not view a clip first I can go straight to the GUI every time.

After that last time warp, 6/7 days ago, when I reset the correct time I have just checked again and the GUI is telling me the time is out by another 13 secs already. There is a problem somewhere.

13 seconds of drift would be expected, being out by hours or days would not
Days out is what I am experiencing. I did not have the same problem with the Mobius 1.

Still no firmware and the app. It is like 2 weeks after it was promised :)

Last edited:
I did!

All I can say is that my Transcend 32gb card worked fine in a Maxi for at least 6 months

I could still use a recommendation for a reliable SD card that has been tested to work with the Maxi at 2.7K .
Its capacity should be 64GB at least. Apparently the Transcend 128GB I last bought is fast enough but doesn't work properly with the Maxi

I could still use a recommendation for a reliable SD card that has been tested to work with the Maxi at 2.7K .
Its capacity should be 64GB at least. Apparently the Transcend 128GB I last bought is fast enough but doesn't work properly with the Maxi
I've been using 64GB Samsung Evo+ U3 cards in mine for >12 months with no obvious issues

Last edited:
Mobius, where are you and where is the firmware and th newer app? Silence since weeks after proposed release date.

I am holding off buying 3 new Maxi until the firmware is updated , to replace my Mobius 1 collection.
Make sure you wait and see feedback first. I bought 3 maxi cams and some sensors to it, hoping it might be great and now on a mercy of developer who does not update the firmware since many months.
They work against themselves. Currently Maxi is much worse than Mobius 1, unfortunately. This is not the way to make good business and work on trust of customer.

FWIW, I think I just stumbled across designation for Maxi (and Mini) battery connector: Mini Micro 1.0mm SH JST 2-Pin Connector
These are common in computers (temp sensors) and slightly smaller than those in the older Mobius cams. Ordering some as we speak (available on Amazon and eBay).

FWIW, I think I just stumbled across designation for Maxi (and Mini) battery connector: Mini Micro 1.0mm SH JST 2-Pin Connector
These are common in computers (temp sensors) and slightly smaller than those in the older Mobius cams. Ordering some as we speak (available on Amazon and eBay).

See THIS post from last January and check the links to confirm the correct size and part number.

Yes, I think the 1mm version is the one we're after (JST SHR-02V-S-B). The 2-conductor plug above it looks like the older Mobius battery connector (1.25mm pitch).
"1.0mm SH JST 2-pin" is a more-or-less generic designation that will produce results on Amazon and eBay; if you google pics of it, it should look familiar.
Just paid $13+change for 20 sets male/female.

Yes, I think the 1mm version is the one we're after (JST SHR-02V-S-B). The 2-conductor plug above it looks like the older Mobius battery connector (1.25mm pitch).
"1.0mm SH JST 2-pin" is a more-or-less generic designation that will produce results on Amazon and eBay; if you google pics of it, it should look familiar.
Just paid $13+change for 20 sets male/female.

Well, I do hope you got the right one. The photo and technical drawing on the spec sheet at Digi-Key for part# (JST SHR-02V-S-B) doesn't look like the correct connector to me but it's hard to tell from the angle shown. Please let us know what shows up.

Anyway, assuming JST SHR-02V-S-B is really the correct part # though you've apparently paid quite a high price for them. Granted you ordered "sets" with pre-crimped wires so there's that, but part #JST SHR-02V-S-B (female) is available individually from Digi-Key for less than 7¢ each if you order 25 of them, and 10¢ each if you only order one. I'll bet there's a source for what you ordered somewhere without such a high mark-up. Digi-Key is a good place to find parts like this, actually.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/SHR-02V-S-B/455-1377-ND/759866

Last edited:
Tom Frank has posted the latest Maxi FW version 2.26 at RCGroups, along with a comprehensive list of all the updates which I have copied below :

Finally a host of refinements to the Maxi FW has been released. Many changes are to improve existing function reliability, but there are several camera and WIFI (and APP) new functions and bug fixes as follows:
MOBIUS MAXI FW V2.26 Changes

CAMERA FUNCTION CHANGES

• Added H.264 codec option to USB PC (webcam) mode
  • Added Vertical/Horizontal Image Mirror options to Image Rotation function
  • Improved Time Lapse Photos reliability
  • Improved External Power Auto Record reliability when power source is a USB data connection.
  • Improved Power Off Disconnect reliability
  • Improved USB connection reliability
  • Added fail safe requirement for external USB power connection before FW can be loaded (active with FW V2.26 or higher installed)

CAMERA BUG FIXES

• Fixed 2.7k video dropped frame bug
  • Fixed bug in Motion Detect mode that prevented camera from shutting down when the memory card was full

WIFI CHANGES

• Improved playback of videos from WiFi APPs
  • Improved reliability of WiFi APP to prevent connection sometimes causing causing camera lock-up
  • Added ability to keep WiFi connection while recording videos (exception: WiFi not available with 4k and 2.7k video recording)
  • Added WiFi functions for Auto-On and Keep WiFi On while recording
  • Added ability to Start/Stop recording via camera shutter button when connected to WiFi
  • Added ability to turn WiFi On via long press of camera Mode button when recording (recording stops before WIFI connects)
  • Added fail safe function that prevents Long Press of Mode Button from entering WiFi mode if power by internal batterywith low charge level (rear LED blinks 5 rapid flashes)

WIFI BUG FIXES

• Fixed Android APP bug that could cause camera lock-up when connected in Photo mode and camera shutter button is pressed.
  • Fixed bug in both APPs that caused inaccurate Video Mode to be displayed when the APP mode selector ring was moved from Photo to Video mode
Along with this you should download Isoprop's updated (to V 5.0.5.3) mSetup Windows PC utility program which includes additional user instructions where needed in it's included HELP file Tab section. The separate downloadable User Guide from Isoprop's site will be similarly updated when time permits.

For smartphone WiFi users, the corresponding APP for Android and iOS smartphones have also been updated and submitted to their respective web APP stores for download. If they are not yet there, they should be shortly.

Do you know when it is going to be available to download as it is not coming up on my GUI?

EDIT........................

Just checked the RC group and there is a problem getting the GUI to accept the update but it can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
The instructions just above it are easy to follow.:)

Last edited:
Back