Mobius Maxi Wi-Fi

I'm testing a new version of the Android app this week. I'll see if it breaks the connection when the phone goes to sleep.

I did a quick test while in the car this afternoon. Similar to my initial tests with the app, I'm getting an almost constant 20Mbps download rate. My 1min 2.7k extreme quality files are 431MB - they download in 2 minutes 45 seconds.

When I let the phone go to sleep after 1 minute, the file download stops. I'll raise a question with Mobius to see if the app can continue running in the background, as the download also stops if I simply open another app.

I can quickly check the files sizes. I believe it is similar to yourself, 300-500Mb mark. It's 1080p60fps on highest bitrate. It could be that my speed is hindered by virtue of the WiFi antenna being crowded with interference perhaps. Whatever the exact numbers are, they are subjectively too long for me to stare at my screen (can't even browse the internet while waiting!)

was the original app pulled (removed) from the Google Play store? can't find it anymore

Google removed the Maxi App from the Play Store for some issue related to advertising.

The .apk file for the Maxi Android App (supporting up to FW version 2.11) is available on this site hosted by @Isoprop
http://mytempfiles.info/mobiusmaxi/
Could you explain in detail why it was reverted? What kind of advertising?
Was this app spying on users or what?

No, I don't have any more information. Perhaps @Mobius can comment on the Android app?

The app is a cleanest tool. It only asks for perssion to access the storage (which is a must, as we need to download the videos files from the camera to local storage). It never asks anything unnecessary. We just want to make a simple tool to help users to do preview, access files and make settings, that's all.

Now Google requires all the app developers to submit a privacy policy. We would not need it as the tool is clean and never asks or collects any privacy information. But now it's required for any app. We are going to submit a privacy policy and make it online again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now Google requires all the app developers to submit a privacy policy. We would not need it as the tool is clean and never asks or collects any privacy information. But now it's required for any app. We are going to submit a privacy policy and make it online again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I expect it's probably to do with GDPR compliance

It is Friday. TonyM, do you have news regarding the newer app and the new firmware? Will we get both today possibly?

Another new FW arrived in my inbox this morning with some changes, including allowance for those users who may want to press Mode during camera startup (@tomerr).

It will be a few days before the testers have time to evaluate and report back whether the changes are effective.

Could you send me the firmware too? Is the app changed? I would like to get the updated app too, if possible.

Could you send me the firmware too? Is the app changed? I would like to get the updated app too, if possible.
Sorry, it's not my role to send out firmware.

apple released an update on the Mobius IOS App today

May 8, 2019
    Revision for better performance and new settings for connected device - Mobius Maxi. Need to work with new firmware V2.25 or above for Mobius Maxi. No additional permissions needed.
    1. To get more accurate battery status from the connected device;
    2. To show remaing recording time for the connected device;
    3. To add new settings for the connected device, now we can set the device to keep wifi connection while recording.

The Windows mSetup app was just updated. What it changes? Firmware still 2.11 and the newer android app is still not added to the google play store.

The new FW and Android app are on the way - maybe today. If Tom Frank doesn't upload the FW to RCG and if I get time I'll upload the FW myself.

Back