$50 off Vantrue N2 Pro, the code still works (Amazon). Free shipping included.

There’s been a firmware update out for eons that fixes the blue tint issue!!!

I'll check again but I'm pretty sure mine is on the latest firmware. I do know that the manufacturer (who supplied it for my review) was made aware of the issue and made no mention of any fixes. It also seems that they are still being built and shipped out with the tint problem afflicted firmware as most new buyers mention it- you'd think a new cam would be loaded with the latest firmware if it had been out for "eons" as you claim. One thing I do know for certain is that Vantrue has been unresponsive to many requests for customer support from reviewers and regular customers alike. TBH I'm not impressed with the company regardless of the products they sell.

No matter all that, the N2 Pro is still an older design with older hardware which had been surpassed by the A129 and also others. It's not the best in it's market niche any longer and will soon become obsolete as all older cams are prone to have happen. Not a bad cam even now, just no longer one worth paying full price for.

Phil

No matter all that, the N2 Pro is still an older design with older hardware which had been surpassed by the A129 and also others. It's not the best in it's market niche any longer and will soon become obsolete as all older cams are prone to have happen. Not a bad cam even now, just no longer one worth paying full price for.

Phil
It uses a battery - so it is already obsolete! (And there are YouTube videos showing how to replace the battery so obviously it is an issue.)
Modern dashcams use super capacitors.

I quite like my Vantrue T2, and will happily use it in a temporary car since it has a nice suction cup and an easy to install OBD powered parking mode, but the old IMX323 sensor (also used by the N2) and low bitrate mean that it is outdated too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Module 79L Off Topic 3
Back