Camera Power off

radaleks

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Hi guys,

I have just purchased the 70Mai pro with GPS mudule addon and just started using DashCam generally.

I am frustrated by the fact that I can't completely power off or shut down the camera.
The instruction to push and hold power button for 15 secs simply doesn't work.

After few seconds of holding this button camera goes to parking mode if enabled and after some seconds after that turns off the LED and looks like it is turned off.

But after I move it, it probably recognizes this move as a parking activity and starts recording.

What I have discovered by chance, as it almost always goes, is that camera behaves differently without memory card inserted and that it goes to power off in that case.

I have just discovered this and I will test it little bit more and I will post update.

Does anyone else have some experience with this functionality?

Best regards,
Aleksandar

Hi.

if you have the parking mode active than is normal that it will never torn off completely.

Try to disable it, i have mine here for more than 3 days, parking is inactive, and i was
able to turn it on and off again, next i move it to try activation, and it stays off,
no blinking light and no activity.

By the way,, do you notice the screen getting hot also if is turned off (only LCD off) ?

Mine is over 40º, just in recording mode.

Regards

Hi and thanks for explanation.

I understood the logic of parking mode and turn off, but it is little bit annoying to go to settings so much time and to enable and disable parking mode.

I would like to have possibility to turn it off manually when I am taking it out of my care, whatever mode is active or not active. But if producer's logic is as it is, we have to accept it.

Regarding the temperature of LCD screen, I haven't noticed this, but I will check and reply.

Thanks a lot and regards,
Aleksandar

Hi guys,

I have just purchased the 70Mai pro with GPS mudule addon and just started using DashCam generally.

I am frustrated by the fact that I can't completely power off or shut down the camera.
The instruction to push and hold power button for 15 secs simply doesn't work.

After few seconds of holding this button camera goes to parking mode if enabled and after some seconds after that turns off the LED and looks like it is turned off.

But after I move it, it probably recognizes this move as a parking activity and starts recording.

What I have discovered by chance, as it almost always goes, is that camera behaves differently without memory card inserted and that it goes to power off in that case.

I have just discovered this and I will test it little bit more and I will post update.

Does anyone else have some experience with this functionality?

Best regards,
Aleksandar

Hi,

just to inform everyone that removing memory card is not changing the camera behaviour at all.

The power off doesn't work in this mode too and it looks like that parking mode must be disabled if you want to turn camera completely off, just as Roturbo explained in his reply.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

To turn camera off, go to media vew (third button) and it will tell you video is stop recording, so because of that you are free to remove microsd card. And after you remove camera will shut down

Back