F1 Firmware

Thanks for the work on those mods Falsificator and TonyM - pretty good !

I was wondering if these affect the 90 degree lens version correctly as well ? I got 1.6 on it and tried 4k24p and on super fine I was getting 80mbps, I thought it should be 100mbps - I'll try 30p as well to make sure.
Also what is the ideal setting for sharpness, on low, which I expected to be basically no additional sharpness I'm getting severe blur on close objects and very good sharpness on medium to far objects - super weird.
I'll try with sharp and medium and see if I get better results. I guess sepia is the one color combo that was modified to be better than the gitup default colors as well ?

Could you somehow also add/modify to an slog2, slog3, universal slog curves instead - or just a raw color scheme that has minimal modifications so that you can fix that up easily in post processing ?

I only used 4k30. I don't know the bitrate for 4k24.

I always leave the sharpness at Medium. Sepia is a modified colour profile, although lately I have gone back to using the default GitUp profile in combination with the MOD FW.

Yeah it seem like 4k24 and 4k30 are stuck at 80mbps for some reason - and it's perfectly fine even with that rate. Night driving though looks pretty bad the exposure doesn't seem to be automatically adjusting. I tried adding more EV exposure but it doesn't seem to work at all for some reason, have you noticed anything similar @TonyM ? You seem to have much better exposure on your sample videos at night. I wonder if it's a side effect of the custom firmware, I might try 1.5+sharp even though you do have a difference lens. @Falsificator are you still around making custom firmware for this camera ?

I've used @Falsificator 's 1.6 modded firmware on my F1 today on a long motorcycle ride and I was shocked to see that all the videos came out looking horribly blurry to the point of being unusable. I have used the F1 with the official firmware before and I also took some short test videos with the modded one, but this was so unexpected. It looked like a camera that is terribly out of focus.
I have a habit of proving my words with facts...
СТОК vs MOD#1 (1).jpgСТОК vs MOD#1 (2).jpg

The main focus of the modified firmware is on 4K, 2.7K and FullHD video modes.
In this forum thread there are all examples of videos and screenshots. You can compare...

CROP 100%:
Буфер обмена-1.jpg

I have a habit of proving my words with facts...

Hey, don't get me wrong! I know you do an AMAZING job! Your firmware is incredible and in my review of the F1 I mention that with your firmware the camera becomes one of the best in the market, reaching even GoPro quality!

I was not trying to imply that your firmware is bad. If you thought that then I apologize.
I flashed your firmware again and now everything is perfectly fine again. I think it may have been a bad flashing of the firmware or maybe I didn't reset the camera before upgrading? Anyway all is good now!

PS. Is there a chance to get any more upgrades? You have a lot of fans who would love to get new goodies! :D

Hey, don't get me wrong!
smile19.gif

PS. Is there a chance to get any more upgrades? You have a lot of fans who would love to get new goodies!
There are some developments. If there is free time, I will continue to modify...

Has anyone else found that when using the modded firmware, their camera seems to mysteriously turn itself off and on?

I've always been using the modded firmware and had the camera randomly starting in my bag and turning off during recording. I ran it this way for nearly a year but since then I put the official 1.2 firmware and noticed this issue going away.

I've switched between the mod firmware and the official 3 times now and everytime I've experienced random turning on and off when on the mod firmware. If it was just randomly turning off, I'd suspect my SD Card being the issue but I wouldn't think this could cause the cam to turn on. Is the mod somehow causing phantom power button presses?

I wonder if it is tied to motion since it generally occured while I carried it, though once I saw it turn on in the middle of the night which was kinda creepy.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Has anyone else found that when using the modded firmware, their camera seems to mysteriously turn itself off and on?
MOD is in no way associated with arbitrary turning on the camera In the modified firmware,
the parameters of the video and photo are changed ONLY. Nothing has changed.
Flash the camera again. Before flashing the camera, reset the settings.
After flashing the camera, also reset the settings to default settings and only after that adjust the camera.
Do not forget that when flashing the camera will reboot twice, so do not interrupt the firmware process.
I have no such problem and have never heard of it from anyone...

MOD is in no way associated with arbitrary turning on the camera In the modified firmware,
the parameters of the video and photo are changed ONLY. Nothing has changed.
Flash the camera again. Before flashing the camera, reset the settings.
After flashing the camera, also reset the settings to default settings and only after that adjust the camera.
Do not forget that when flashing the camera will reboot twice, so do not interrupt the firmware process.
I have no such problem and have never heard of it from anyone...

I figured that you only changed video and photo settings.

I've followed the process exactly as you've described but it is happening. I've switched back and forth 3 times as I have stated.

It is possible it is just my camera and made worst on the firmware but it definitely seems to be linked to the firmware on my device. It doesn't even directly caused by the firmware. I know the firmware draws more power and it also makes the camera much hotter. I've wondered if it is a heat or battery problem in my device that the firmware exposes. I don't know why the camera would turn itself back on though(maybe if it autoshut down due to heat, it would attempt to restart later?).

I am asking here to see if others would report similar occurrences. Like I said, I've used this firmware for nearly a year now and didn't think the issue had anything to do with the firmware. Maybe others had this issue and they can roll back to the official firmware and see if theirs seems to get any better or worse.

Honestly it doesn't seem like many people visit these Gitup F1 forums anymore anyway.

Many do visit but we may not post ;) I stay silent as I don't own one yet, but because of what I've seen here I know I want this cam. And silence can also relate to a lack of problems which is a good thing!

Phil

Honestly it doesn't seem like many people visit these Gitup F1 forums anymore anyway.
I run an F1 with MOD1.6 in my car every day. I turns on and off as normal. It records as normal. Nothing else to report.

Hi !
My name is Roberto and live in Italy .
I Want to ask if possible record video in 720p - 30/60fps with eis on
Thanks

I Want to ask if possible record video in 720p - 30/60fps with eis on
Thanks
Using official FW v1.2 the GitUp F1 Action Camera supports EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) at 1080p 30/60fps (not 1080p 120fps) (not 720p 240fps) (not 1440p 30/60fps) (not 4K 30fps)
The image quality at 720p is very poor compared to 4K, not sure if modifying 720p to 60fps will activate the EIS feature, I'll try it and do see if Menu option appears.

For me is ok 720p , but i dont find 720p 30 or 60fps with EIS in the setup option.
Which firmware i need?

For me is ok 720p , but i dont find 720p 30 or 60fps with EIS in the setup option.
Which firmware i need?
The manual states EIS is only available in 1080p at 60/50/30/25 fps

1565085642182.png

I know Falsificator's firmware is not targeted towards indoor image quality, but - which firmware should I try for best indoor image quality? What kind of samples can I supply that might help firmware development for indoor use?

Back