VERY UNHAPPY malfunctioning card/dashcam "USBCÇ;½n" file

Warren Chrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

ive had 4 different dash cams and never run in to this issue before
i have had the 512 for 6 months now and this has happened several times over 3 different (brand new) top quality SD cards

my protected folder contains only the one file named "USBCÇ;½n" and all of my protected clips are GONE

this has always happened in the past randomly when watching videos on my PC from the card, but today i plugged it into my PC and it was like this straight away!

i take care of my card and my cam and always format monthly, use the correct formats etc, what is this file and can i get my clips?

Last edited:
Perhaps something to note is that this has only ever happened to my PROTECTED folder and never any clips in just the VIDEO folder.

apologies, im not sure why it wasnt added at the end. here are my cards:

I have had this issue on 3 cards. A cheap kingston card, a high endurance camera card designed for dash cams and gopros and now on my Sandisk A1 ultra 128gb card.

as for a card reader, i have a usb to sd card reader converter (have 2 brand new ones)

The problem you have can be caused by the card reader or the card, you can test the cards with h2testw and see what results you get as a starting point

The problem you have can be caused by the card reader or the card, you can test the cards with h2testw and see what results you get as a starting point

testing now. it's 128gb so taking a while

Back