Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

they are power sockets, no it just seems to just go to a solid orange and not record. Not sure if its a setting somewhere? But i mean it records when plugged into the mains adaptor.
It's a common Mobius problem with diesel cars for the camera to go into standby rather than record if the power over USB is interrupted whilst the engine is being started. That's why I asked whether the Mobius records when you unplug it then plug it back into the car USB socket (with the engine already running).

It's a common Mobius problem with diesel cars for the camera to go into standby rather than record if the power over USB is interrupted whilst the engine is being started. That's why I asked whether the Mobius records when you unplug it then plug it back into the car USB socket (with the engine already running).
right. Many months prior though I do recall having hte mobius work flawlessly. The car is petrol 1.4l also.

Maybe it will work fi I hardwire it down?

right. Many months prior though I do recall having hte mobius work flawlessly. The car is petrol 1.4l also.

Maybe it will work fi I hardwire it down?
I suppose a petrol engine could also cause the same issue if it takes a while to start on a cold day.
I don't know if hardwiring makes a difference to the boot delay - I've never tried it myself. Maybe @Harsh can help?

If the camera is going off on switching from ACC or ON to Start, won't matter if it's hardwired or not, unless you can locate a fuse that's not affected.

If the camera is going off on switching from ACC or ON to Start, won't matter if it's hardwired or not, unless you can locate a fuse that's not affected.[/QUOT
its not going off, it just produces a solid orange light. Like it is connected to my laptop.

Yes I meant standby. Load version 2.33 and see if it still happens.

Maxi works fine if you set the Power-Off Disconnect to 2 seconds.
sometimes my maxi produces a blue circle, fixed red small light and doesn't respond. Even if I reomve the power source it is there? Any idea what that may be?

sometimes my maxi produces a blue circle, fixed red small light and doesn't respond. Even if I reomve the power source it is there? Any idea what that may be?

That's a known bug. Need to reset it by pressing the reset button.

That's a known bug. Need to reset it by pressing the reset button.
ok got it, at least I know i wasn't doing anything wrong. But yeah tried maxi, connected to car USB port and on accessory/ignition/start it gives the same lights as being connected to a PC.

they are power sockets, no it just seems to just go to a solid orange and not record. Not sure if its a setting somewhere? But i mean it records when plugged into the mains adaptor.
The current is important ...the usb outlets are probably 500ma , not enough to operate the Mobius. I think that is the issue ?

The current is important ...the usb outlets are probably 500ma , not enough to operate the Mobius. I think that is the issue ?
yeah probably, ill retry it when my hardwire setup is ready. thanks

How do you refocus the lens? I connect the camera to PC and check the picture in webcam mode on VLC player. The video is 320*240 or something like that. How am I supposed to adjust at that res?

How do you refocus the lens? I connect the camera to PC and check the picture in webcam mode on VLC player. The video is 320*240 or something like that. How am I supposed to adjust at that res?

The Mobius 1 camera should default to a 720p resolution window (1280 x 720 pixels) when you open it in web cam mode regardless of which software you use. I'm not usually in the habit of using VLC for focusing a Mobius on my computer but after seeing your post I gave it a quick try just now and this was a screen shot of the results. (The Media Information window, not the entire 16:9 frame that resulted.) This is plenty of resolution for accurate focusing.

vlc.jpg

Thanks. I fiddled with some options in VLC and adjusted it in 720p. The view was like the original. I put in the little screw thingy, closed the cover and put it in the car. The videos are even worse now. It looks like the lens is submerged in water. Are there any options other than turning the camera 1mm each time, capture some video, check it on PC and redo the cycle all over many times?

Thanks. I fiddled with some options in VLC and adjusted it in 720p. The view was like the original. I put in the little screw thingy, closed the cover and put it in the car. The videos are even worse now. It looks like the lens is submerged in water. Are there any options other than turning the camera 1mm each time, capture some video, check it on PC and redo the cycle all over many times?
You need to check the video AFTER putting in the little grub screw. It's very easy for the lens focus to shift when screwing that into place.

I usually leave the camera in live view (webcam mode) whilst turning the lens and fixing it in position.

Hello, I have been using a Mobius 1 for a while now and its always worked great. Trying to use the 50fps setting. Image quality is dreadful. Please can anyone suggest how to improve it?
Firmware 2.41 installed. Many thanks

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2019-05-24-17h18m23s991.jpg
    vlcsnap-2019-05-24-17h18m23s991.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 11
Back