Firmware updates

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
Is it possible to update firmware using an iPad, and if so how is it done in easy terms?

Is it possible to update firmware using an iPad, and if so how is it done in easy terms?
easiest and most reliable method is copy correctly named firmware binary file to main root folder of microSD card, use card reader with computer, insert memory card back into Dashcam then connect power cable and wait for it to restart 60-70 seconds.
If your iPad has card reader adapter to transfer files use that device, otherwise computer is best option.

easiest and most reliable method is copy correctly named firmware binary file to main root folder of microSD card, use card reader with computer, insert memory card back into Dashcam then connect power cable and wait for it to restart 60-70 seconds.
If your iPad has card reader adapter to transfer files use that device, otherwise computer is best option.
Thanks I can't seem to get a card reader that works with my iPad! And I've only started on my iPad so I'm a bit green using a laptop! I would have a go if it was straight forward! I'm a bit long in the tooth I'm afraid!

You can also update through the Viofo app.
Yes thanks I'm using the App on my iPad but how do I update the card with out a card reader? I'm sorry but I'm not very tech minded a bit long in tooth as we say (old) .

Yes thanks I'm using the App on my iPad but how do I update the card with out a card reader? I'm sorry but I'm not very tech minded a bit long in tooth as we say (old) .
Connect the app to the A129. In the top left corner of the app, open the menu. Bottom option is FW Update. Not sure this can be done on an iPad though. Probably need to cell phone with WiFi and cell data on.

Back