Garmin has new Dashcams - 46W - 56W - 66W

erizon.net

Reaction score
Country
United States
I went online to garmin.com 2 days ago to read up on the 55W 56W. Came back today and they were gone. 56W & 66W now there. 66W now has the 1440P resolution plus 180 degree view

Just finished an install:

are you able to turn off all the smart warning functions such as ldw and forward collison?

They have also released the Dash Cam Mini which is 1080P and Super capacitor, Testing one out currently. Very Small, Quality seems decent.

How would the minicam recording work as a rear camera, does it record on it's own self-contained card, or does it somehow connect to the front dash camera's chip and record the videos there? Like a side-by-side thing when viewing?

How would the minicam recording work as a rear camera, does it record on it's own self-contained card, or does it somehow connect to the front dash camera's chip and record the videos there? Like a side-by-side thing when viewing?
It records to micro SD card (up to 256GB)

Not bad considering the size, Keen to see how it does at night.

Nice, that video looks better than expected.

I'm wondering how it will do in high heat climates? I found no references to super-caps so I presume they're still using a battery to save the last files, same as their older cams. A cam is no good unless it's working no matter what it's other aspects are ;) I could easily become a Garmin fan if they would just get away from batteries. The rest of what I see them doing is highly impressive (y)

Phil

I'm wondering how it will do in high heat climates? I found no references to super-caps so I presume they're still using a battery to save the last files, same as their older cams. A cam is no good unless it's working no matter what it's other aspects are ;) I could easily become a Garmin fan if they would just get away from batteries. The rest of what I see them doing is highly impressive (y)

Phil
Mini uses capacitor, 46,56 and 66 use rechargeable lithium-ion

I looked at the link for the Mini listed above but didn't see anything on that- thanks!

Phil

Then you dident look close enough @SawMaster say right there under specs

Battery,,,,,, no ( use capacitor )

I do like the auto sync with up to 4 cameras, thats pretty darn cool, and something i have hated not having for a long time using several single channel dashcams on all sides of my car.

Last edited:
From DashCamOwnersAustralia youtube video, it looks like it needs a lens filter for the glare.

My car is pretty bad for reflections no matter the cam, Garmin does do a CPL though

I've got Garmin filters on both of the 55's. They worked great.

it works separately but the app syncs the videos, up to 4 cameras

Back