DIMIKA 1080P Full HD Action Camera has been released! (DIMIKA OTG adaptor)

I have all "other dash-cams", but missing a Dimika ;) ( @innotrends ), so I could make a fair side by side comparison test of all 3 brands.

while ever they can point a camera at the sun they probably figure they don't need your help in showing users how things really are :p

I will go off topic slightly but I noticed some vendors take this forum's hard work and use it to advertise their product and raise the price of the dashcam. I am not talking about Dimika but there are a few others that have done this within the last 6 months. They post this forums review and comparison chart without giving any credit to reviewer or community.

while ever they can point a camera at the sun they probably figure they don't need your help in showing users how things really are :p

I am ready for all kind of side by side tests when ( if ) they ready ;)

I will go off topic slightly but I noticed some vendors take this forum's hard work and use it to advertise their product and raise the price of the dashcam. I am not talking about Dimika but there are a few others that have done this within the last 6 months. They post this forums review and comparison chart without giving any credit to reviewer or community.

I agree with you in some way, "they" do try to advertise products ( manufacturers, vendors, etc ). I think it is normal if / when developer tries to advertise their product here, but their advertisement has to be justified and proven ( backed up ) by tests and feedback from independent third parties like other users of this forum to get fair / justified advertisement and word of mouth.
We ( buyers ) all want to buy a good reliable product ;)

I've seen some eBay ads at times with stuff from the site, I've only had one vendor ask if they could use some info I wrote which I didn't mind, it was one of those vendors that actually provides service not one of the eBay box movers who don't care about customers, only about the sale so was happy to have them use what they wanted

what is this camera aimed at? is it an action camera or is it supposed to be a DVR this site is for DVR cameras, so showing me its good to shoot buildings and a nice blue sky or showing me your fancy hand held skills of footage shot in to the sun then turn upside down isn't how one would use a DVR, if you are selling a DVR then please show me why I should throw my money at you on a camera that takes good images of the sky or looks good it turned upside down, or is this another cheap way of advertising your product without you having working out your market?

poor show, must do better
I agree. Fed up of asking about dashcam stuff only for users to come back and say "this isn't a dashcam, it's an action cam...developed for RC groups" blah, blah, blah.
Perhaps Admin could set up an "Action Cam" section at the bottom of the main forums page rather than keep having non-dashcams constantly being pushed in the dashcam sections?

And the title of this thread
"a portable dashcam" isn't that an oxymoron? Surely the whole point of a dashcam is fit & forget? If I wanted a portable dashcam, I'd use my camcorder or my mobile phone.

Last edited:
I agree. Fed up of asking about dashcam stuff only for users to come back and say "this isn't a dashcam, it's an action cam...developed for RC groups" blah, blah, blah.
Perhaps Admin could set up an "Action Cam" section at the bottom of the main forums page rather than keep having non-dashcams constantly being pushed in the dashcam sections?

And the title of this thread
"a portable dashcam" isn't that an oxymoron? Surely the whole point of a dashcam is fit & forget? If I wanted a portable dashcam, I'd use my camcorder or my mobile phone.

Due to the fact that more than 8 percent of all post in this forums can be find in threads about similar designed cameras, namely Innovv and Mobius i guess many users are interesting in this kind of dashcams. An other fact is that Nico as 'Well-Known Member' of this forum is interesting to compare this 3 cams.

You should have a quick look at the news page of dashcamtalk.com. There you can find the reviews of Mobius and Innovv which is another evidence that this kind of dashcams are interesting for dashcamtalk.com

What we should do is to open a new thread where we can figure out what are the minimum requirements for a camera to be named as a DVR/dashcam?

I have a sample of DIMIKA and I will try to make some dashcam videos day and night and post it here soon.

In my opinion it is a great camera!

I think that will have some more validity once a user like @niko can get hold of a sample and do some comparison tests with the other similar cameras, if @innotrends were keen to get results they'd get one to him ASAP and let him review it

;) @ #43

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that will have some more validity once a user like @niko can get hold of a sample and do some comparison tests with the other similar cameras, if @innotrends were keen to get results they'd get one to him ASAP and let him review it
Agreed x2

@innotrends contacted me and offered a sample to test. Don't know how quick I will get it due to Chinese New Year Holidays, but I will keep updated.

Nice! I am sure many people including me will be very interested in your review since there is not much information available around internet about this camera even from people that have purchased it. :)

I've seen some eBay ads at times with stuff from the site, I've only had one vendor ask if they could use some info I wrote which I didn't mind, it was one of those vendors that actually provides service not one of the eBay box movers who don't care about customers, only about the sale so was happy to have them use what they wanted

So many shady businesses on the web pull this type of stuff. I think the bad guys should be named & written about, so when a user googles the name before placing his order, they can see the posts about the non-ethics the business has.

At the same time, the vendor that demonstrates good service & integrity should be praised for the same reason.

Finally, we can see a clip in night driving.

Nice! I am sure many people including me will be very interested in your review since there is not much information available around internet about this camera even from people that have purchased it. :)
Have they sold any to real users?

It was a (sas) note. Vendor has been avoiding to provide a nite clip..
When Niko tests 6 cam together, we will be able to see a clip..

Package was posted by @innotrends on 28 Jan and I have received it today ( 30 Jan ). Only 48h delivery via DHL. Thanks !
First impression of service is positive ! I didn't expect to get it so soon, so did not plan any free time for this week.
Will try to start some test soon when get more free time. I don't want just to post some quickly done video clips, - this would be wrong. I am planing to do a more deep review, but it will take some time to get to know product all pros and cons.
Thanks for understanding and members patience !

Any updates on review Niko?

Back