BlackVue DR900S-2CH 4K with BlackVue Power Magic Pro

Rikske

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello,

We have the BlackVue DR900S-2CH 4K in combination with the BlackVue Power Magic Pro, this is installed on my Mercedes A250 W176.
Now my question is if there has to be lights burning when the car is in Park mode because in my case there are no lights burning when I turn off the ignition even after a few minutes?
Thank you for the feedback.
Eric

Presumably you are talking about the power and G_S LEDs on the rear of the cam?
If the lights are on when the car is running, then they should stay on when the car is switched off. This is only true until the camera enters parking mode some three or so mins after you have stopped. In the latter case, I'm not certain about the state of the lights.
If the lights go out as soon as you switch off the car, then the PMP is not working correctly. This is nearly always caused by user error, either in it's wiring or settings.
Do you not get the powering down message? (I don't have a 900, but have 2x 750 and 1x 550, so am not certain about the voice alert features on the 900, but the 750 is the very similar to the 550 with regard to voice promps)

Presumably you are talking about the power and G_S LEDs on the rear of the cam?
If the lights are on when the car is running, then they should stay on when the car is switched off. This is only true until the camera enters parking mode some three or so mins after you have stopped. In the latter case, I'm not certain about the state of the lights.
If the lights go out as soon as you switch off the car, then the PMP is not working correctly. This is nearly always caused by user error, either in it's wiring or settings.
Do you not get the powering down message? (I don't have a 900, but have 2x 750 and 1x 550, so am not certain about the voice alert features on the 900, but the 750 is the very similar to the 550 with regard to voice promps)

Thx for the feedback and yes I mean the lights on the rear of the cam, when I turn the car down the lights go out as well even after +10 minutes there are still no lights?

I did the installation with a company and I can go back next week to check the installation but I think the power is off on the PMP.

The PMP is installed under my dashboard and I think they accidentally powered it down, if it’s only the switch I can do it myself and so I don’t have to go to the company again.

I will check it again after work if I can find the PMP under my dashboard.

I double checked my DR9002-2CH before responding. When in parking mode, my front Security LED is flashing. On the rear of the main camera, the LED blinks orange while in normal mode, and my WiFi light is flashing. You can turn all of these LEDs on / off, (except the WiFi LED) through the Blackvue App on your phone. At one time my front Security LED quit working. I went into the App and turned it off, (it was set to on.) I rebooted the camera and then back into the App. I turned the LED back to the on position, rebooted the camera and the light started working again. Try this and see if it helps.

Also, have you verified that your camera is, or is not recording while in parking mode? (Motion detection I mean.)

Lastly, about the PMP, have you verified that it is being left in the ON position when you turn your car off? Have you verified that it is connected correctly with one of the power connections, (see install directions) connected to an "always on" source of power in the fuse box?

I double checked my DR9002-2CH before responding. When in parking mode, my front Security LED is flashing. On the rear of the main camera, the LED blinks orange while in normal mode, and my WiFi light is flashing. You can turn all of these LEDs on / off, (except the WiFi LED) through the Blackvue App on your phone. At one time my front Security LED quit working. I went into the App and turned it off, (it was set to on.) I rebooted the camera and then back into the App. I turned the LED back to the on position, rebooted the camera and the light started working again. Try this and see if it helps.

Also, have you verified that your camera is, or is not recording while in parking mode? (Motion detection I mean.)

Lastly, about the PMP, have you verified that it is being left in the ON position when you turn your car off? Have you verified that it is connected correctly with one of the power connections, (see install directions) connected to an "always on" source of power in the fuse box?

Thx Steve for your help much appreciated I will try your proposition (turning off and on the LED) when I am at home and will give you feedback.
I fixed an appointment with the company who installed it and I can go tomorrow morning to check the installation so I know were PMP is installed and what the settings are.

The PMP is installed under my dashboard and I think they accidentally powered it down, if it’s only the switch I can do it myself and so I don’t have to go to the company again.
That could well be the problem. If it's switched off, the cam will power down when the ignition is switched off. Another possibility is that they have not connected the yellow wire to a permanent 12V supply.
Much less likely is that the voltage setting is set to 12.5V, but that would hold the camera on for quite a while until the battery voltage dropped below 12.5V.

That could well be the problem. If it's switched off, the cam will power down when the ignition is switched off. Another possibility is that they have not connected the yellow wire to a permanent 12V supply.
Much less likely is that the voltage setting is set to 12.5V, but that would hold the camera on for quite a while until the battery voltage dropped below 12.5V.

I will keep u posted Guys, I'll check later this evening what I can find myself and if it isn't solved I will go to the company tomorrow, I will give feedback in this post so maybe I could help other people. But it's my fault I should have checked it yesterday when I left the company ;)

So I went back this morning to the company who did the installation, there was a problem with the wiring and they fixed it and I was refunded so I didn't pay the installation. (y)
There is an auxiliary battery in my car and that was the problem.
Thank you all for your help Guys!!!

PS: is there a post on the settings in parking mode?

Don't think so. Just start one.
G sensor right up, movement detection off. There, that's how I have mine set.

It takes patients to install these in newer cars. When you are trying to figure out which fuses go "Dead" after a few minutes vs. those that are always "Hot," you have to be willing to wait 10 minutes or so. My experience with cars 2013 and newer is that the cigarette lighter does go dead after about 5 to 10 minutes, from that I surmised that some do, some don't. So once I access the fuse box, I just left the door open until the car went dark and probed with the volt meter. Bingo....I just came in from moving my Magic Pro to the driver's side. I was lazy when I installed it since the fuse box is on the passenger's side. Now it's within easy reach but not in view from outside the car. The only 'tell' is the stupid WiFi light that you cannot turn off. But you can cover it. :)..

Mike

Back