Running BlackVue App on Android Device and Not a Cell Phone

guydurrett

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I loaded the app on my car head unit which runs Android. The app is set to be run off a cell phone so the app window fitment on my 10.5" screen is off and I cannot get to certain control buttons in the app. Contacted BV and this is not yet a feature in the app it designed for cell phone display only. I contacted my head unit mfg and used all available adjustments but that did not work either. Has anyone run this app on other sized devices with success? Appreciate the help!

Hi, I loaded the app on my car head unit which runs Android. The app is set to be run off a cell phone so the app window fitment on my 10.5" screen is off and I cannot get to certain control buttons in the app. Contacted BV and this is not yet a feature in the app it designed for cell phone display only. I contacted my head unit mfg and used all available adjustments but that did not work either. Has anyone run this app on other sized devices with success? Appreciate the help!

Hi.
Don’t know witch HU you have, I have an MTCE unit, Dasaita/Hot Audio 10.2” Android 8 (Oreo), 4/42GB, rooted and with custom rom.
From the beginning I thought that it was to “crowded” on the screen(1024x600). Quite a few apps, Blackvue included, didn’t fit on the screen, the buttons weren’t visible.
So, I installed Nova Launcher Prime instead of stock launcher, went to Developer Options on the HU, and changed the value for Smallest width from 400 (think that was default) to 653dp. Now I have no problems with any app at all, they all fits on screen. If you use stock launcher, be prepared that icons will maybe be distorted, but Nova Launcher takes care of that.
I can start Blackvue app, access Blackvue Cloud, Firmware settings and so on. But when I try Live view the app FC. The same goes for videos in Internal memory, FC. But there are no problems with the files from the DashCam, I can view them in stock Video player or MX Player pro.
Blackvue app and the HU doesn’t match when it comes to video playback, quite obvious. Not a big issue for me, I’ll stick to the app in my phone.
All I’ve written her goes for my HU, but do try the “hack” I described (if you dare!), maybe you have more luck than me!

Screenshot_20190531-144345.pngScreenshot_20190531-144419.pngScreenshot_20190531-144431.pngScreenshot_20190531-144439.pngScreenshot_20190531-144549.pngScreenshot_20190531-144601.png

Hey Kupa, thanks for the reply!! Really appreciate the help!! I will give those a try and get back to you. Thanks again!!

Kupa, loaded the Nova Launcher Prime turned all size settings to small/condensed, forced landscape view. Uninstalled and reinstalled with the NLP and no bueno. Still cannot get to the bottom of the initial BV setup screen to accept changes. I will keep looking for other solutions.... Thanks for the help!!

Kupa, loaded the Nova Launcher Prime turned all size settings to small/condensed, forced landscape view. Uninstalled and reinstalled with the NLP and no bueno. Still cannot get to the bottom of the initial BV setup screen to accept changes. I will keep looking for other solutions.... Thanks for the help!!

I think the key to success is to change Smallest width in Developer options, you don’t mention that you have tried that in the HU. I’ve set mine to 653 dp, but you can start with a lower value, try with 500 dp, might be enough, if not increase, the higher value the more space on the screen to view Blackvue app in a proper way.

If you don’t know how to find DO, this is how to do, it’s a bit tricky since even the “famous” 7-tap in Settings/System/Version doesn’t make it visible in any menu.

Go to Settings, at the top is a search box, start to type Developer… and you will get a hit, tap the hit, drag the slider to ON, and you are there. Find Smallest width and change the value. But you have to do the search every time you want to access DO, annoying.

An easier way to access DO is to download Developer Options free app from Google Play, the only one that I have found to work In Android HU. Just one click to access DO.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exien.devmode

Kupa, more great info! I will definitely try this and get back to you! I did not know about the DO hack! Thanks again for the great help!

Kupa, sorry for late response but your help provided the solution I was looking for! Go the app loaded and running on my car perfectly. Really appreciate all your help with this!! For anyone looking to run the Blackvue app on there Android Car Head Unit this is the way to go.

Thanks again Kupa!!

Kupa, sorry for late response but your help provided the solution I was looking for! Go the app loaded and running on my car perfectly. Really appreciate all your help with this!! For anyone looking to run the Blackvue app on there Android Car Head Unit this is the way to go.

Thanks again Kupa!!

You’re welcome, glad I could help! (y)

May I chime in please?
I have installed a SIM card into my Joying SKU EU-JY-UO134N4GS-H in order to access my Blackvue 750. I was hoping to creat a hotspot in order to view the cam from afar via the cloud. No luck at all.

Back