Another problem with parking mode

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
I'm well pleased with my 129 apart from when I use parking mode! It's wired with 3wired hardware kit,comes on with ignition and goes into parking mode,when ignition is turned off but it's only recording for anything 3 mins to 10 mins and then it's not recording!

It's settings in parking mode are loop recording 10mins and low bitrate !

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

Power plugged directly into the camera, not the mount?
Firmware version V1.5?
Try a different loop time.
What do you have the voltage switch set to?
How old is your cars battery?

Power plugged directly into the camera, not the mount?
Firmware version V1.5?
Try a different loop time.
What do you have the voltage switch set to?
How old is your cars battery?
Plugged into camera
Firmware v1.5
Voltage set 12.4
Battery approx 7 years

Plugged into camera
Firmware v1.5
Voltage set 12.4
Battery approx 7 years
battery 7 years old & you set voltage to 12.4...
no wonder it stops recording after a few minutes
when in parking mode & switched off, car battery is draining & when reaches 12.4 volts - as you configured, it shuts the camera down.

battery 7 years old & you set voltage to 12.4...
no wonder it stops recording after a few minutes
when in parking mode & switched off, car battery is draining & when reaches 12.4 volts - as you configured, it shuts the camera down.
I can try it at 12 volts see if that helps!
Cheers

Well replacement battery for the car doesn't seem to made any differenc

Just tried these settings
Bitrate High
Loop recording 10mins
WDR off
Parking mode 3 FPS
Time laps Off
Motion Detection Off
G Sensor Low
Boot Delay Off
It starts fine when I switch on ignition and set off driving and recording fine,when I switch off ignition it beeps and goes into parking mode but the maximum it is recording is 18 seconds and maximum 20seconds !!

Getting frustrated do you think it's faulty!

What is the best setting you guys are having the most success with?

Well replacement battery for the car doesn't seem to made any differenc

Just tried these settings
Bitrate High
Loop recording 10mins
WDR off
Parking mode 3 FPS
Time laps Off
Motion Detection Off
G Sensor Low
Boot Delay Off
It starts fine when I switch on ignition and set off driving and recording fine,when I switch off ignition it beeps and goes into parking mode but the maximum it is recording is 18 seconds and maximum 20seconds !!

Getting frustrated do you think it's faulty!

What is the best setting you guys are having the most success with?
What memory card are you using?
When it stops recording, is the camera shutting down?
Have you tried a different loop time yet?

I'm using a Samsung 64 GB Pro Endurance,yes tried another loop time and yes when I go to the car the just looks like it has shut down no lights on at all !

I'm using a Samsung 64 GB Pro Endurance,yes tried another loop time and yes when I go to the car the just looks like it has shut down no lights on at all !
Sounds like the car is shutting down the fuse you tapped into for the red BATT wire. Have you measured the voltage at the fuse after the camera has shut down?

I had it Wired up by an auto electric guy! So if I get to the red cable that goes to the voltage control box of the kit and see if there's any power after the ignition is switched off !
Should I see red lights on the camera even when they're is nothing on the screen?

If any of the led lights are on, then there is still power to the camera. No lights...no power.

If any of the led lights are on, then there is still power to the camera. No lights...no power.
Well just an update on my parking mode issue,fitted new battery made no difference! Fitted a new live feed ( red ) directly from the battery and it's just the same!
Changes over into parking mode when ignition turned off starts recording for a few minutes then turns off ! Battery protection box set at 12 volt .

Just put in a ticket at Viofo just wait and see

Did you measure the voltage at the battery after the camera has shut down?

Well it's now working fine! after setting the voltage box setting too 11.8 I'm a bit concerned having to set it at the lowest setting after having a brand new battery!

I may try it at a setting of 12.0 !

Do you think it's something to worry about?

I was always going to turn the camera off once it's on my drive overnight,as it's covered by the cctv !

If the camera always do X minutes of parking mode, both on the old battery and new one + what ever different settings you have tried.
Then i think the car turn off the circuit where your always on wire are connected.

Well it's now working fine! after setting the voltage box setting too 11.8 I'm a bit concerned having to set it at the lowest setting after having a brand new battery!

I may try it at a setting of 12.0 !

Do you think it's something to worry about?

I was always going to turn the camera off once it's on my drive overnight,as it's covered by the cctv !
I think if you were to measure the voltage at the battery, you would find the voltage to be around 12V (after camera shuts off). Did you fully charge the new battery? New batteries off the shelf won't be fully charged and should be "topped off" with a charger if available. If you don't drive the car a lot or they are short drives, then the car probably will never be able to fully charge the battery.

Could I put the battery charger clips onto the battery + and - points with out having to disconnect the battery? It's a BMW and there's an awful lot of cables coming off the battery!
I've only had it for 6 + years and I still don't understand everything!

Could I put the battery charger clips onto the battery + and - points with out having to disconnect the battery? It's a BMW and there's an awful lot of cables coming off the battery!
I've only had it for 6 + years and I still don't understand everything!
Should be fine (I do it, but I'm neither a mechanic nor an electrical engineer. I also don't own a BMW), but if you have a multi meter, I would check the voltage before charging to see where it's at.

Just checked the voltage at the jump lead points in the engine compartment,as the battery is in the boot right at the bottom!

It gave a reading of 12.6 volts so I wonder if today I had a quick journey for about 1.1/2 hours first time since having the battery fitted!
So it must have topped the battery up because when the new battery was fitted I tested it and I'm sure it was 11.6 so that was what it needed!

Back