DV526

liamstears

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, considering the purchase of a DV526 but not finding much information on it

What's it like?

My main questions are:

Does the DV688 GPS module work with this unit?

What is the length of the rear camera cable? Can an extension be used if too short? If so how many pins does connector use?

Firmware updates available?

Thanks in advance

Does the DV688 GPS module work with this unit?
No, cannot work with DV526 Camera!
What is the length of the rear camera cable? Can an extension be used if too short? If so how many pins does connector use?
DV526 uses this AHD video signals, its rear camera cable is about 3 meters long; And yes, you can contact the seller for the extra extension cable!
Firmware updates available?
Yes, you can contact the seller for firmware update details!

Thank you

What GPS can be used on DV526?

Is the extension just 4 pin?

Thank you

I am having trouble getting information from the retailer, is there an official UK retailer I can contact instead?

Why not consider the purchase of a DV688?

Cost, the DV526 is much cheaper here but seems like just as good or better camera...

Retailers cannot help with GPS module or the extension cable, how can I get these?

Retailers cannot help with GPS module or the extension cable, how can I get these?
Sorry, the manufacturer asked for MOQ 2K QTY for this extension cable and GPS module. So we do not have the extra extension cable and GPS module for sales now...

Sorry I do not understand? Are they not available now or not available at all?

That's not good, it's advertised as GPS capable/available but it's not...

Is this old model? Discontinued model?

Very strange that GPS not available, will be available in the future? How much difference between DV688 GPS? Can 688 GPS be modified to work?

Ok thanks, please inform me if GPS becomes available, I am interesting in helping and testing too so if firmware updates are available I can help with those too as I have found none so far, thank you

Back