Need help deciding!

expphoto

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Tesla Model 3, and am contemplating using some Amazon points on adding a supplement to Sentry Mode. I'm wanting something with the following:

• Less than $250 (preferred less than $200)
  • Dual Channel
  • Parking mode that can run easily on a Cellink (or Powerpack via Anker/others) without having to do more than plug in. Parking mode is the primary reason I want it.
  • GPS Preferred
  • Wifi Preferred
  • Video Quality that's at least as good as the Roav C1 (previous cam)
I've bounced between the F800 Pro and A129. Open to others though.

Not too thrilled how much the Cellink is. My car AC keeps the interior below 104, I would think a powerpack (I know Lithium Ion is dangerous in heat, I was a Note 7 Owner) would be fine in this case? I do live in Phx, though, and temps can hit 120 outside the car.

F800 probably has better sorted parking mode (at this stage), A129 has far superior video

Yea. So I've read. Lots of people had been disappointed in the video quality for the f800 due to the high price tag. I did read about the beta parking mode on the 129 that was posted on the forums, firmware and all.

I don't think the disappointment with the F800 is just because of the high price, even if it was cheap the video is still sub par, Korean cameras aren't really known for great video though so not really different to what is expected in their market

Parking mode is the primary reason I want it.
In that case, what sort of parking mode?

The low bitrate parking mode on the A129 ensures that nothing is ever missed, or do you want to be dependent on a g-sensor being triggered?

In that case, what sort of parking mode?

The low bitrate parking mode on the A129 ensures that nothing is ever missed, or do you want to be dependent on a g-sensor being triggered?

Buffered would be nice though I suppose not necessary, only having to watch what I need to rather than having to review hours of footage.

To note, I was also poking through the street guardian cams for the build quality given heat. Saw a post about newer parking modes too. Didn't find as much info on the newer modes though?

To note, I was also poking through the street guardian cams for the build quality given heat. Saw a post about newer parking modes too. Didn't find as much info on the newer modes though?
ours offer 1fps, 2fps or 5fps timelapse, or low bitrate continuous recording

Buffered would be nice though I suppose not necessary, only having to watch what I need to rather than having to review hours of footage.

Is it more important to reduce the hours, or to make sure the event is recorded?

I don't often check through parking mode video, almost never, so the hours really don't worry me.

Is it more important to reduce the hours, or to make sure the event is recorded?

I don't often check through parking mode video, almost never, so the hours really don't worry me.

Making sure the event was recorded and that I know something happened.

Back