VIOFO's A129 Duo

Give it a try again and I'm sure you'll get it through. I usually remove the rubber from the plastic clip, feed through plastic then into rubber, before finally going through the last plastic clip. I have never installed in a Mazda, but have into a few Ford's and Mazda share lots of components from Ford so would not think it too different.
Yeah tried it.
Did not work
I could pass through the first hole but after there is a sharpe turn and also there is no space in the rubber tube. 2 cables already there. Not a big deal. I am going to see a but more cable that is all.

Attachments

• IMG_20190625_144520.jpg
    IMG_20190625_144520.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20190625_144458.jpg
    IMG_20190625_144458.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 38
Thank you for the pictures, that helps. It definitely will go through. What you have to do is feed some single core cable through first, then fasten that to the camera cable. This allows you to feed it and pull it through at the same time. That ducting is exactly the same as Ford use and has same amount of space so I can confirm it does fit.

You can lubricate a little bit also ( can use liquid soap ), will help a lot. And yes, you must pull it not push.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

You won't be able to simply push it through. You'll need to sort of message it through. Sort of pull the rubber over the cable, then pull both the rubber and cable together, then repeat until it's all the way through (hard to explain in text). You'll need to disconnect both ends of the rubber boot. Use caution if you try to pull it with a chaser as you could end up damaging the cable (don't pull just the plug end, pull some of the cable sheathing with it) .

The cable has to be pulled, not pushed. Needs some kind of lead, fed in from the opposite end of the tube, to which cable can be attached and pulled with. Like a piece of metal string and adhesive tape to round the edges. Lubricate with soapy water if needed.

The cable has to be pulled, not pushed. Needs some kind of lead, fed in from the opposite end of the tube, to which cable can be attached and pulled with. Like a piece of metal string and adhesive tape to round the edges. Lubricate with soapy water if needed.
Does not matter anymore. I am going to leave it as it is. Not a big deal. I just wanted to do it properly but I am not going to try it again. Do not want to mess it up.

Tomorrow I am going to drive 2 hours and I am going to see that the cam will loose power again or not, like today.
Anyway I have double checked the wires, connections and everything look ok to me. Is it possible that my cam restarted because I have used the rear wiper and the cam at the same time? They are in the same fuse tap. I do not think this can be the problem but just want to make sure otherwise what is the point of the fuse tap if the two things can not work at the same time.
The parking mode works fine too when the ignition is off and switch to normal mode when is on no problem.

Does not matter anymore. I am going to leave it as it is. Not a big deal. I just wanted to do it properly but I am not going to try it again. Do not want to mess it up.
You’re welcome!

For the rear camera I believe the USB connection should not have been placed at the top of the camera if like me you want to fix the camera as high as possible, if so then the USB plug and cable might prevent this when it makes contact with the windscreen edge,

I went out and bought a five pin mini USB 90 degrees plug to get over this

My rear screen pops out of the car, which comes in handy

had the plug been fitted either to the left or right side there wouldn’t of been an issue, sometimes one has to wonder if the people who design these DVR’s ever get to use them,

I would of thought common sense would of dictated that the worst location for the plug would of been the top

when I had the Mini 0805 fitted on the rear screen I could fit the DVR as high as fiscally possible as the cable wouldn’t get in the way

and to be honest even then on my car that wasn’t high enough

this was what I did to fix my last rear view camera to the screen to have it high

this and as my rear screen is more or less vertical I need to make a small shimmy to be able to have the lend not point down on to my boot lid

not yet tested it, I still need to finish the wiring, this is my car at the moment

I will have a go later today, If only I knew Viofo made a cable with both ends at 90d before I threaded the standard one through, I thought the mini USB was a standard 5 pin

Last edited:
thank you jokiin, been on google, I can find 10 pin mini USB male female, but not with a 90 degrees bend, I'll have to get a thiker slither between the mount and the screen to move it away from the screen edge

easy enough to over come,

not wired it up to the car yet so not put any power through it, I'l just make the wedge shape slither a bit wider to get over the screen edge lip, I’ll use the standard cable it came with throughout with no adaptors , not that i think I’d find one

Or just reverse the cable that it comes with, plug the straight end into the front camera.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Or just reverse the cable that it comes with, plug the straight end into the front camera.
Yes, that was my first thought and it can be done. It's not so easy to do this when the camera is located on the left-hand side of the rear view mirror on a right-hand drive car. It's is also slightly awkward with the power USB having a 90deg bend, so the cables cross each other.

I set up a 10 sec boot up delay but it still starts to records after I start the engine. Anyone has this issue?

Back