VIOFO's A129 Duo

I set up a 10 sec boot up delay but it still starts to records after I start the engine. Anyone has this issue?
What is the issue exactly? From the moment the camera senses power on the USB supply it should wait 10 seconds then commence the boot process. (edited to correct wrong answer)

Last edited:
What is the issue exactly? From the moment the camera senses power on the USB supply it should wait 10 seconds then start recording.

there is a standard delay, the boot delay adds extra time to the startup process so from key on it will wait 10 seconds before the normal boot process starts, it won't start recording 10 seconds from key on

What is the issue exactly? From the moment the camera senses power on the USB supply it should wait 10 seconds then start recording.
Yeah, that is supposed to be the way but not in my case.
As soon as I press the start and stop button in my car the camera starts too. Interestingly when I unplug the cam and plug it back and the ignition is not on it will wait 10 sec, so in battery mode.
Do not know what is going on.
And also after the new update, the wifi broke. Can not connect my phone. Basically, I have connected once after the update and changed the wifi name and the password and now when I turn on the wifi the name and the password appears on the camera's screen and after a few sec. disappear. On my phone, it starts to connect but when the wifi name and the password disappear from the camera's screen it disappears from my phone's wifi menu as well.

there is a standard delay, the boot delay adds extra time to the startup process so from key on it will wait 10 seconds before the normal boot process starts, it won't start recording 10 seconds from key on
Sorry. Yes, you're right it's a boot delay, not a record delay.

Yeah, that is supposed to be the way but not in my case.
As soon as I press the start and stop button in my car the camera starts too. Interestingly when I unplug the cam and plug it back and the ignition is not on it will wait 10 sec, so in battery mode.
Do not know what is going on.
And also after the new update, the wifi broke. Can not connect my phone. Basically, I have connected once after the update and changed the wifi name and the password and now when I turn on the wifi the name and the password appears on the camera's screen and after a few sec. disappear. On my phone, it starts to connect but when the wifi name and the password disappear from the camera's screen it disappears from my phone's wifi menu as well.
The app was updated yesterday also. Make sure you are using the updated version of the app

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The app was updated yesterday also. Make sure you are using the updated version of the app

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
What did I just say?!?!
"After the update"

Guys, any useful idea for my post?

Possibly dumb question: is it possible to simply reverse the direction of the cable that runs between front and rear cameras?

When I was installing the system, I followed the labels that were on the cable, with respect to which one plugged into what camera. But the setup is not great. In the front, two 90° plugs don't work well next to each other. In the rear, the straight cable and socket being on top of the rear camera force me to mount the camera lower than I wanted.

Possibly dumb question: is it possible to simply reverse the direction of the cable that runs between front and rear cameras?
Yes, you can reverse the rear camera cable. Check that the 90° plug and the straight plug work together for your front camera location.

Yes, you can reverse the rear camera cable. Check that the 90° plug and the straight plug work together for your front camera location.
Yes, having one of the plugs on the front camera be straight would work better. Having a 90° plug on the rear camera would work better there too, since I could then place that camera closer to the roof.

Thanks!

It works better on a left-hand drive car, since the cables exit on the right of the camera. My A129 is positioned just to the left of the rain/light sensor housing behind the rear view mirror. Having cables stick out straight simply would not work for me.

It works better on a left-hand drive car, since the cables exit on the right of the camera. My A129 is positioned just to the left of the rain/light sensor housing behind the rear view mirror. Having cables stick out straight simply would not work for me.
View attachment 47076
I have excatly the same placement and cabling (left side of the mirror, straight and 90° plugs in front). Sometimes I wish I could grab the camera off the GPS mount to film something interesting on the side of the road but as the entire setup is powered via that GPS mount, handheld shooting is not possible. I also wish that all the connectors were on top of the camera so it could be placed right next to that black plastic cover in both LHD and RHD cars.

I also wish that all the connectors were on top of the camera so it could be placed right next to that black plastic cover in both LHD and RHD cars.
Some people want the connectors at the side, so they can mount the camera at the top of the windscreen. Can't please everyone all at the same time.

Sometimes I wish I could grab the camera off the GPS mount to film something interesting on the side of the road but as the entire setup is powered via that GPS mount, handheld shooting is not possible.
You can plug the power cable directly into the camera, then you can remove the camera from the mount and continue recording.

You can plug the power cable directly into the camera, then you can remove the camera from the mount and continue recording.
Except that the power cable has straight plug that would push the camera too far left for my liking from the mirror. In addition to the space occupied by the plugs, some extra space has to be reserved on the right right side because attaching and removing camera from the GPS mount works sideways.

Except that the power cable has straight plug that would push the camera too far left for my liking from the mirror. In addition to the space occupied by the plugs, some extra space has to be reserved on the right right side because attaching and removing camera from the GPS mount works sideways.
Agreed. That's why I said that reversing the rear camera cable does not work well when the camera is on the left of the mirror.

Wedge-style cameras are low-profile and do not wobble or vibrate, but they cannot be rotated like some other dashcam styles. If you sometimes want to record something at the side of the road, I would suggest adding side-facing cameras, or find something with a swivel camera or ball joint.

I actually have my front camera on the left side of the rearview mirror, because it would be inconvenient to press buttons, access the SD card and such if I had it on the other side (LHD 1990's sedan).

However, I have an older car that doesn't have much fancy stuff up there. Plenty of room for dashcams. I placed it so that the lens looks out just below the shaded band on the top part of the glass.

Wedge-style cameras are low-profile and do not wobble or vibrate, but they cannot be rotated like some other dashcam styles. If you sometimes want to record something at the side of the road, I would suggest adding side-facing cameras, or find something with a swivel camera or ball joint.

If I wanted to add something like this to my A129 Duo setup, which dashcam would you recommend?

An update for @Harsh returned A129 camera, the audio quality issue is related with the MIC, this may happen in the first batch.
We haven't received other users' reports after we changed the MIC location after the first batch.

Back