Hardwired A129 duo won't enter parking mode, need help!

unagomadeborrar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there, I have a 2019 Mercedes GLC300 that I had a shop hardwire and conceal using the 3-wire kit. SD card working and formatted. Latest firmware V1.8. The car never appears to enter parking mode from what I can tell and it is just constantly recording 24/7. My garage is completely closed. The power cable is attached directly to the side port (below AV port). I never hear any beeping when the car engine is cut off.

I have attached a photo. What do the two icons in the top left corner mean in the photo that I have? I set parking mode to "auto event detection" which I believe is supposed to be a person symbol with a P in the top left. However, I have never seen this. It is constantly this car with a recording symbol which I believe is drive mode. What could be the issue? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20190630_235315.jpg
    20190630_235315.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Did you plug the power to the camera or to the GPS mount?

Did you plug the power to the camera or to the GPS mount?
Hey there, I updated my original post after seeing another similar one above; still a little lost but I believe it is to the camera (right side below AV).

Sounds like the yellow wire is connected to an always on fuse instead of an accessory fuse that turns off with the car.

Hi there, I have a 2019 Mercedes GLC300 that I had a shop hardwire and conceal using the 3-wire kit. SD card working and formatted. Latest firmware V1.8. The car never appears to enter parking mode from what I can tell and it is just constantly recording 24/7. My garage is completely closed. The power cable is attached directly to the side port (below AV port). I never hear any beeping when the car engine is cut off.

I have attached a photo. What do the two icons in the top left corner mean in the photo that I have? I set parking mode to "auto event detection" which I believe is supposed to be a person symbol with a P in the top left. However, I have never seen this. It is constantly this car with a recording symbol which I believe is drive mode. What could be the issue? Thanks in advance.

Red = Batter (always on... Power Seats, Dome Light, etc. Just DO NOT tap any electronics like Safety Systems)
Yellow = Accessory. This would be ignition - when car is turned on. Like Power Windows, Heated Seats, etc.
Black = Ground

Camera should beep a few times after vehicle is shut off and then record with a "P". Make sure the Power cable is plugged into the camera and NOT into the GPS mount. Also make sure Parking Mode is enabled in the menu.

Back