Nb 322GW Cam not recognized by PC

FredGO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using the Next Base cable connecting the Dash Cam v16.3 to the USB port of my PC does not show on 'file explorer'. [Currently using a workaround by removing the SD card & plugging that in to the the PC to direcly transfer files for viewing on NB player]. My PC recognizes other auxiliary devices connected via the USB ports and so I am assuming the fault is in Dash Cam system. This seems outside the scope of the Next Base help desk, As I believe I need the Dash Cam to PC connection if there is a further update to the 'Firmware' I would welcome any assistance from the Dash Cam Talk family.

check that the USB cable you're using is data capable, if it's power only type you won't get anything, that said though cameras make for very poor card readers, removing the card and using a proper card reader will still be quicker

check that the USB cable you're using is data capable, if it's power only type you won't get anything, that said though cameras make for very poor card readers, removing the card and using a proper card reader will still be quicker
Thank you Jokiin for your rapid and helpful thoughts and suggestions. On contacting the excellent N.B. Help Desk This is what they suspected and thinking the supplied cable may be faulty supplied me with a new Data enabled cable which unfortunately did not clear the problem. As you say, fitting the SD card directly to the PC is a good practice. It is just galling that the device as they say "Doesn't Do what it claims on the tin" and if there is a further FIRMWARE update I will have to pester the help desk again for them to provide me with another "Firmware updating card".

So when plugged in via USB you don't get the 3 options appear on the device screen ?

So when plugged in via USB you don't get the 3 options appear on the device screen ?
Thank you Kremmen for responding to my query and apology for late response; Yes you are correct in assumming that I am referring to the Dash Cam screen headed "PC Connection" with the three options as illustrated item 6 on the NB. "Firmware Update Guide". On connecting the Cam to the PC the Cam switches on and goes into "Live View" [blue and red LED's lit] but not recording.

Ah, gotcha.

That does sound like a dodgy dashcam USB port, especially as other devices are recognised with presumably the same cable.

Whilst you do need a 'data' cable, I've used all manner of third party cables and they've all caused my various dashcams to go into PC mode.

Having to take the SDCard out every time would annoy me as I find it far easier to just PC USB the cam with card left plugged in.

Ah, gotcha.

That does sound like a dodgy dashcam USB port, especially as other devices are recognised with presumably the same cable.

Whilst you do need a 'data' cable, I've used all manner of third party cables and they've all caused my various dashcams to go into PC mode.

Having to take the SDCard out every time would annoy me as I find it far easier to just PC USB the cam with card left plugged in.
Thank's again Kremmen for your time and consideration. I did not make it clear in previous posts that in the interaction with the NB. Help Desk I was supplied with a replacement D Cam and cable neither of which has solved the issue. I'm sure by now had their been a faulty batch made the DCT forum would have been running red hot with posts! I remain a Frustrated Freddie and must now look closer to home to why my PC recognises all my devices except the NB. D Cam.
ps:, Could it be Black View [my previous dash cam] has left a bug in my PC just to torment me?

That's interesting, so a replacement cam & cable didn't fix it !

The only easy to fix USB issue I know about is that default setting in Windows that allows USB's to go to sleep, which should always be turned off as it's more trouble than it's worth. I doubt that is the issue here though.

I don't suppose you have access to another PC to test ?

Silly question but you've tried another USB port ?

The next stage is complicated, but, there are occasions where another device grabs a USB port associated drive letter. For example, you may have hard drives and DVD drives associated to say, C, D & E. The next available letter, not being used is F but Windows has already associated this drive to another device.
When the dashcam is connected it sees F is what it should associate it to, but can't so nothing happens.
I've had it a few times, ages ago, and it's a sod to fix.

Last edited:
It is okay to use a camera as mass storage devise connected to a computer,,,,, IF ! you just grab a single file or two, for bulk file transfer it is extremely slow compared to moving the memory card to my USB 3.0 card reader.

That's interesting, so a replacement cam & cable didn't fix it !

The only easy to fix USB issue I know about is that default setting in Windows that allows USB's to go to sleep, which should always be turned off as it's more trouble than it's worth. I doubt that is the issue here though.

I don't suppose you have access to another PC to test ?

Silly question but you've tried another USB port ?

The next stage is complicated, but, there are occasions where another device grabs a USB port associated drive letter. For example, you may have hard drives and DVD drives associated to say, C, D & E. The next available letter, not being used is F but Windows has already associated this drive to another device.
When the dashcam is connected it sees F is what it should associate it to, but can't so nothing happens.
I've had it a few times, ages ago, and it's a sod to fix.
You are right, different ports but always the same story. Your suggestion to try another PC is brilliant [It's one of those why didn't I think of that!], I do not have a second PC but I'm sure I can ask a neighbour to test the connections on his. He is not back until next week though. I think I will try that idea first before engaging my expensive PC expert [I keep well clear of playing with matches ie inside the mysteries of the PC plumbing!!]

It is okay to use a camera as mass storage devise connected to a computer,,,,, IF ! you just grab a single file or two, for bulk file transfer it is extremely slow compared to moving the memory card to my USB 3.0 card reader.
Thank you Kamkar for your comments. You are correct that placing the D cam SD card into the PC card reader is the most efficient method to transfer data files. At my advanced years it is just a bit fiddly [and usually end up trying to retrieve the SD card from under my feet] or is it that I'm just Lazy!

I've read claims that frequent removal and re-inserting the SD card into the camera isn't good for the camera/card.

I've read claims that frequent removal and re-inserting the SD card into the camera isn't good for the camera/card.
No doubt, especially if the card has spent time grubbing around in the car foot well.
ps; What is error7?

No doubt, especially if the card has spent time grubbing around in the car foot well.
ps; What is error7?

It's computer terminology for "Out of Memory" At my age I soon run out of memory :ROFLMAO:

In Danish we have a term called error 40, it basically mean what ever cause the problem is 40 CM from the broken thing ( thats you )

As far as i know only as far as handling the little spring loaded suckers in the car more often increase the risk of unintentional launch and consequent search to maybe find the memory card again.

In Danish we have a term called error 40, it basically mean what ever cause the problem is 40 CM from the broken thing ( thats you )

As far as i know only as far as handling the little spring loaded suckers in the car more often increase the risk of unintentional launch and consequent search to maybe find the memory card again.
As much as I am delighted to receive all your posts fellers I'm going to sign off because I need to buy a pair of shoes and write a letter before the boss gets home. Thank you greatly for your contributions and interest. Not IF but WHEN I find the solution to my issue I will post to the DCT again.

I'll be waiting because if it works on another PC I have a ploy.

just joined today and found this thread.
I got my camera last week and have the same connection problem with the 322 to my tower with an ASUS Mother Board.
But I tried it with my 2 other computer one a Dell laptop running win 10 and the second tower a HP with win 10 and they DO see the camera.
So Kremmen what do you suggest?
Also I knew how to add data to the header I would do so!

I can't remember what my 'ploy' was. Been to sleep since then :)

Very odd to plug any device into a USB port and for it not to be recognised producing the 'bing bong' identifier albeit sometimes it can take a minute or two.

Do you have a mobile phone USB 'brick' you can plug into to see if the dashcam USB port is OK and the cam will fire up.

My guess is that it's PC related. Check in disk management to ensure all your drive letters are as expected. I've known the next sequential drive letter to be a 'ghost' drive and not allow any new device to be recognised.

Last edited:
There's also a question of the port sockets themselves. On my last tower and with the last two laptops, I've discovered USB sockets that only work reliably when they want to, even with very little careful use. It always seems to affect the one(s) you find most convenient to use :( IMHO it's not a good design technology overall, but we're stuck with it.

Phil

Back