Vico TF2+ Firmware Downgrade

Good work mate

That's what I like about VicoVation - at least from what I have seen so far, they seem to respond quickly to user concerns. Although this is only an ad hoc fix - hopefully they will set things right in a new firmware version soon.

Yep, they do seem to be very customer focused, you can probably thank their customer relations manager for that. It's good to see, some companies just can't think outside the box and only consider their own region when advertising or selling a product. So you reckon this firmware is much better then? What wdr settings are you using?

That's a question for will370z - if I understand correctly, this is a link to the older 6.2 firmware, is that right? So not a new firmware per se, rather it's a way to downgrade to the older firmware. I'm running a WF1, so I'm not directly affected by this issue, just following the thread with interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to give this a shot tomorrow. I mentioned this to Vico as well when I asked them about parts for my TF2, but i did not really get a response about it.

CheckYourLights, did you solve the problem with your WF1? I'm wondering if this is an issue I should be concerned about - I haven't had any problems yet, but have only had the cam for a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
My initial problem with my WF1 was night time quality and that was fixed after frimware 1.52 I believe. My last remaining problem is with my memory card. I just yesterday ordered a Transcend Class 10 32GB card because it was on sale yesterday and it's going to stay in my WF1 and not get passed around cameras like my last micro.

If problems still persist I am going to try a lower class card even though Vico mentions not to. I didn't have any issues with my class 4 sandisk card other then it only being 8GB and only held about an hour or so recording time. I left it in the Firebird and went to eat dinner with family for about an hour and a half with no issues.

OK, that's good to hear - my vendor tells me he has had 0 defective units, and my experience so far has been good as well, so I think it's a pretty reliable cam - at least, I certainly hope so for the price.

OK, that's good to hear - my vendor tells me he has had 0 defective units, and my experience so far has been good as well, so I think it's a pretty reliable cam - at least, I certainly hope so for the price.
I'm pretty happy with mine other then the memory card issue. Vico fixed the application fast to support my phone and addressed user concerns of night time image quality quickly, and now hopefully the TF2 will get sorted

So which firmware is best for day recording?

Great that VicoVation provided V6.2 to allow for downgrading. I have updated the FAQ and am hosting the file here as well.
Thanks DashCamMan.
Hopefully more users will catch that the new firmware may not look as good and decide what looks best for their application.

Firmware downgrade from 6.6CS+ to 5.1i+ (English version of 6.2) confirmed.

Everything works as before, method is the same for upgrade or downgrade.

263akk8.jpg

5koxv8.jpg

5koxv8.jpg

WDR and schedule has been DISABLED for the newest 6.6 version, decreasing overall night video quality. Still not sure why they did this but, I hope they release an improved fw to address this issue soon. Day recording quality is better, with more saturation and slightly sharper image.

Last edited:
I meant to mention that I also was able to go from 6.6CS+ down to to 5.1i+ with no issues as well.Downgraded a few days ago, but have not been driving my own car lately so the G1W has been on duty.

Good stuff CheckYourLights make sure you posted in their Facebook page too... they need to fix the high bit rate firmware with decent night recording and the more ppl post the better.

I suspect the Chinese New Year will delay a response. Still would like to know why they would disable WDR? What reason could there be for doing that?

Everyone is talking about Chinese New Year but its already been almost a month since things have slowed down. How long is this celebration supposed to be going on? I mean when do they start and finish?

How long is this celebration supposed to be going on? I mean when do they start and finish?
VicoVation will be closed from 30th Jan to 4th Feb for Chinese new year.

Back