How long does the date & time stick on B1W if no power supply for long period of time?

tenchi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
xiaoyi dash cam
Since this is my 1st supercapacitor dash cam, previously all my dash cam is litium ion battery, all of it failed due to the hot weather of my location.

How linf will the electrical cas in capacitor will make sure the date n time setting of the B1W dash cam is maintain after a long period of not using the vehicle?

We added a cell battery to its PCB from April, and it should keep system time even if a long time without usage!

We added a cell battery to its PCB from April, and it should keep system time even if a long time without usage!
Great...I just purchased one unit from aliexpress yesterday....

How well is the cell battery last in hot weather country?
Do I need to update the firmware when I receive the dash cam?

No need to update firmware!

How about the old version?
How long period it will keep the correct date?

How about the old version?
How long period it will keep the correct date?
Not sure. Some users feedback it can keep time about 15 days, and others say only last about 18 hours!

I got 5+ days out of mine- a very early version. Just once it did lose time+date after 4 days. That's similar to most cap-based cams which always do better in daily-drivers than weekend-only cars.

Phil

Today I lost important video because of lost time and date on the camera. It was a minor accident but never the less I was very disappointed. :/
What is strange is that I don't have a single video in the event folder with default (lost) date 2015, my last date in the event folder is 30/06/2019 and the first is 17/06/2019.
The camera lost the date between 30/06 and 04/07 because I didn't use my car for 3.5 days. So from 30/06, I don't have a single event video, so which video overwrite my lost video in the event folder if the accident video was lock?
The camera did lock that video because it's not there in DCIM folder, only that timeframe (video) is missing despite wrong dates.
(I wish camera didn't auto-lock video now it would be there in the DCIM folder :( )

Today I lost important video because of lost time and date on the camera. It was a minor accident but never the less I was very disappointed. :/
What is strange is that I don't have a single video in the event folder with default (lost) date 2015, my last date in the event folder is 30/06/2019 and the first is 17/06/2019.
The camera lost the date between 30/06 and 04/07 because I didn't use my car for 3.5 days. So from 30/06, I don't have a single event video, so which video overwrite my lost video in the event folder if the accident video was lock?
The camera did lock that video because it's not there in DCIM folder, only that timeframe (video) is missing despite wrong dates.
(I wish camera didn't auto-lock video now it would be there in the DCIM folder :( )
As practice has shown, the cause of missing entries on the memory card is primarily the quality of the card itself. How long have you formatted a card? Changing the date can hardly affect the video recording. And it is not clear why the file should have been recorded in the event folder.

I only have one missing video (the accident) in the DCIM folder. I presume that camera did lock that video and should that video then emerges in the event folder?
I don't think the card is the problem here, I am using Kingsto Canvas GO for dashcams and didn't have any problem with it last 9 months

I only have one missing video (the accident) in the DCIM folder. I presume that camera did lock that video and should that video then emerges in the event folder?
I don't think the card is the problem here, I am using Kingsto Canvas GO for dashcams and didn't have any problem with it last 9 months
It was not clear from your message that some video was recorded that day, even with the wrong date.
As for the card, it seems to me that all manufacturers recommend regularly formatting the card.
Have you checked how the recording is now?
And what, at the time of the incident, did you try to press a button on a dash?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. With the wrong date, but yes, all video was recorded that day only accident video is nowhere to be found. I didn't format video card for a few months if I can remember correctly. Video recording is now fine with a correct date at least in the DCIM folder, tomorrow I will test locking the file first manually then with sensor trigger by closing the door with extra force and see if will file emerge in the event folder when it has correct date and time.
After that, I will format the card, and about the time of the incident, I didn't press the button because I assumed that the sensor on the camera already do that job.

About hitting the shock sensor - these are all marketing things, why record a video in another folder at the moment of impact, if the video is already recorded? This only creates additional unnecessary processes during normal recording. I never turn on the G-sensor for this very reason. Perhaps it only seems logical to me.

Perhaps your case confirmed my concerns, and a very strong signal from the G-sensor could do harm ... I don’t remember that video recording was tested to a very large level when it was hit-accelerated ... but this is another story not related to resetting date / time :)

About hitting the shock sensor - these are all marketing things, why record a video in another folder at the moment of impact, if the video is already recorded? This only creates additional unnecessary processes during normal recording. I never turn on the G-sensor for this very reason. Perhaps it only seems logical to me.

I agree with you. In some cases, it happens me in beginning, the lock file in the additional (event) folder have more chance to be overwritten then normal file. (small event folder 30% (32Gb card), high or even normal sensitive shock with a bumpy road, the camera will start recording most of the video in the event folder)
When you have one folder at least you know in how many hours your video will be overwritten.

Perhaps your case confirmed my concerns, and a very strong signal from the G-sensor could do harm ... I don’t remember that video recording was tested to a very large level when it was hit-accelerated ... but this is another story not related to resetting date / time :)

It wasn't a very strong signal that could do harm, and I don't think the sensor is to blame.
I tell you why, in tomorow test, if it's doing ok on small signals then the camera has major flow and not saving lock files in the event folder because of the wrong date.
(that will cost me probably some money :) )

Because after an accident I did go in and out of the car a few times, closing the door and even lifting the hood and closing it again in these scenario camera g sensor in the past always was saving some events but not today, and not a single time from 30/06 when the last time the camera has the correct time and date.

1, format the card in the APP 2, Sync the system in the APP and keep eyes on this dashcam to see if it works normally or not!

It wasn't a very strong signal that could do harm, and I don't think the sensor is to blame.
I tell you why, in tomorow test, if it's doing ok on small signals then the camera has major flow and not saving lock files in the event folder because of the wrong date.
(that will cost me probably some money :) )

Because after an accident I did go in and out of the car a few times, closing the door and even lifting the hood and closing it again in these scenario camera g sensor in the past always was saving some events but not today, and not a single time from 30/06 when the last time the camera has the correct time and date.
And what is the duration of the files you have set in loop recording?
I always set the minimum - one minute

About the time synchronization in B1W with the time in the smartphone I already wrote - this happens immediately when connecting via Wi-Fi, there is no need to go into the menu and activate the Synchronization submenu there. It worked in the earliest firmware, for sure it works and now

1, format the card in the APP 2, Sync the system in the APP and keep eyes on this dashcam to see if it works normally or not!
I will format the card after test, to see if the lock files are starting to show in the event folder now when the correct time and date are set.
The camera has the correct time and date, on connected to the camera via application after the accident camera did auto update date and time.

And what is the duration of the files you have set in loop recording?
I always set the minimum - one minute
Duration of the files is set to 3min and event folder is set to 40% sensor low, it used to be 5min (and 30 % and sensor normal) but that wasn't too good as I wrote before:
On one trip with a bumpy road, almost all my trip was recorded in the event folder and I didn't have all the videos
Now the option I set is working very good, with one minute's files there is too many of them :)

About the time synchronization in B1W with the time in the smartphone I already wrote - this happens immediately when connecting via Wi-Fi, there is no need to go into the menu and activate the Synchronization submenu there. It worked in the earliest firmware, for sure it works and now
Yes, auto synchronization time and date works great upon connection. You don't have to do it manually.

Back