Problems with updating G1W-S to version 1.1 firmware

HPF

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Dash Cam
Currently none
Have anyone succeeded in updating to firmware version 1.1?

The links to the two .bin files have different names but are otherwise identical according to windiff.exe. 15 minutes wasted :rolleyes:

I use a cameraformatted 16GB Kingston card and included USB datacable. I copied the bin-file to the card, disconnected the camera, reconnected the camera and get to choose between "PC camera" or "Masstorage". I've tried none plus both but nothing happens. There is no red front LED on the camera but there is a very small red light next to the LCD screen but it's not blinking.

The reason I wanted to update is neither "Dashcam Viewer" or "Registrator Viewer" works. The "Dashcam Viewer" will play the video but it appears it doesn't read the GPS data (which are embedded in the MP4 files?). "Registrator Viewer" won't even play back the video.

Have anyone succeeded in updating to firmware version 1.1?

The links to the two .bin files have different names but are otherwise identical according to windiff.exe. 15 minutes wasted :rolleyes:

I use a cameraformatted 16GB Kingston card and included USB datacable. I copied the bin-file to the card, disconnected the camera, reconnected the camera and get to choose between "PC camera" or "Masstorage". I've tried none plus both but nothing happens. There is no red front LED on the camera but there is a very small red light next to the LCD screen but it's not blinking.

The reason I wanted to update is neither "Dashcam Viewer" or "Registrator Viewer" works. The "Dashcam Viewer" will play the video but it appears it doesn't read the GPS data (which are embedded in the MP4 files?). "Registrator Viewer" won't even play back the video.
Use a USB wall charger during the update, not your computers USB port.

submit some video samples to @traveler and there's a good chance he'd be able to add support for the camera to Dashcam Viewer

the developer of Registrator Viewer was killed in a traffic accident a few years ago so no further updates have happened as a result

submit some video samples to @traveler and there's a good chance he'd be able to add support for the camera to Dashcam Viewer

the developer of Registrator Viewer was killed in a traffic accident a few years ago so no further updates have happened as a result

G1W-S is already listed as compatible on www.dashcamviewer.com but I could submit to him anyway.

Viofo writes "For playback the video, we recommend RegistratorViewer for A118C, A118C2 and G1W-S......"

Last edited:
Have you got the correct GPS for the camera?
It's this one. It was included with the kit Viofo sent me and it works with the camera, I can read speed and coordinates.

I tried that also but it would just boot up and start recording, no update happened.
What is the full name of the file you loaded onto the card. If it doesn't load with a USB wall charger, then the camera isn't seeing it.

What is the full name of the file you loaded onto the card. If it doesn't load with a USB wall charger, then the camera isn't seeing it.
I tried both files available at Viofo site, FW96650A.bin and LDBAG1W-S.bin. Card was first FAT32 formatted with PC, then with dashcam but no luck.

I tried with wallcharger also although Viofo writes "Reconnect the camera to your computer...." which I understand as using the included USB datacable.

BTW; How long does it takes for camera to update? No info on the screen that updating was ongoing so I waited only 2-3 minutes before unplugging.

Last edited:
I tried both files available at Viofo site, FW96650A.bin and LDBAG1W-S.bin. Card was first FAT32 formatted with PC, then with dashcam but no luck.

I tried with wallcharger also although Viofo writes "Reconnect the camera to your computer...." which I understand as using the included USB datacable.
I assume you unzipped the FW96650A.bin file before copying to your card?

I assume you unzipped the FW96650A.bin file before copying to your card?
Yes I did. Tested first with LDBAG1W-S.bin, then deleted it and copied FW96650A.bin to the card.

Yes I did. Tested first with LDBAG1W-S.bin, then deleted it and copied FW96650A.bin to the card.
Maybe try this file. It's already unzipped.

Be sure your copying the file to the root directory of the card (not in any folders).

Maybe try this file. It's already unzipped.
Your file was different from the same-name-file I downloaded from Viofo but the camera wouldn't update. Version number of existing firmware is 1.0 dated 2019.04.17.
Be sure your copying the file to the root directory of the card (not in any folders).
bin-file is only file on the card every time I have tested.

Did you try the file from the link I posted?

You using a MAC or PC?

Viofo emailed me a new file today. The camerarecordings now works with Dashcam Viewer.

Back