GitUp F1C - 4K F1.8 130° FOV

get into China and you'll see world famous brands that have obvious typos in their marketing material, it happens at all levels

But stuff from brands like theirs is intended solely for the international market. I've seen my share of incomprehensible manuals and endless typos. It's a matter of not caring enough.

I'm hoping that the F1C will make a good 4K rear camera, with a discreet profile ideal for fixing at the top of the rear window.

Would be nice if the capacitor is plug and play type like the mobius kind, then can swop in a battery when needed.

I don't think that's how it is. This one appears to be targeting dash cam users, capacitor is most probably soldered to the board.

Could be wrong and the capacitor is actually inside a battery casing as previously hinted and discussed. Reason I think so is because if it was swappable, they would advertise the already available 90° version being compatible/interchangeable as well.

I don't think that's how it is. This one appears to be targeting dash cam users, capacitor is most probably soldered to the board.

Could be wrong and the capacitor is actually inside a battery casing as previously hinted and discussed. Reason I think so is because if it was swappable, they would advertise the already available 90° version being compatible/interchangeable as well.
I'm assuming it's soldered to the board too, that would make it more robust and reliable in the event of an accident.

The current FW is incompatible with a capacitor as it needs a much quicker auto power off duration, although that should be an easy modification.

The F1C may also suit some drone flyers who want a faster lens or a FOV between 90° and 160°. Some of them already power their camera direct from the on-board 5V circuit, so do not need a battery.

The F1C may also suit some drone flyers who want a faster lens or a FOV between 90° and 160°. Some of them already power their camera direct from the on-board 5V circuit, so do not need a battery.
would make it more attractive if they can save the weight of batteries

I'm assuming it's soldered to the board too, that would make it more robust and reliable in the event of an accident.

The current FW is incompatible with a capacitor as it needs a much quicker auto power off duration, although that should be an easy modification.

If the battery casing has a lock to keep it in place and a flap to protect things further, should be just as robust.

Yes, with battery packs slapped on, doesn't really matter.

If the battery casing has a lock to keep it in place and a flap to protect things further, should be just as robust.

Yes, with battery packs slapped on, doesn't really matter.
In model aeroplane crashes, very often the batteries escape from action cameras and the crash footage is lost, a soldered in capacitor would be better in crashes.

I guess the drones that need to save that weight are the ones where 130 degrees is a good angle, the bigger drones where 90 degrees is preferable are big enough not to notice a few grams.

60g vs 74g. Not a huge saving, but on drones, every little bit helps.

60g vs 74g. Not a huge saving, but on drones, every little bit helps.
That's still quite heavy, must be that big aluminum heatsink, how about using a titanium heatsink, that would get the drone filers excited?

(Maybe not a good idea, titanium being one of the warmest metals available!)

I wonder if the F1C has removable capacitors in what used to be the battery compartment, so that a battery could be used to power the camera occasionally? It seems more likely that there is no compartment any more, and the capacitors are fixed directly to the PCB inside.
It is removable capacitors, but not compatible with battery.

Im thinking of getting the F1C, and can anyone kindly advise anything that i should look out for before taking the plunge?

Im thinking of getting the F1C, and can anyone kindly advise anything that i should look out for before taking the plunge?
There is no parking mode, although it will quite happily record while parked and there is a g-sensor.

There is no parking mode, although it will quite happily record while parked and there is a g-sensor.

Thanks for the info Nigel.. Appreciate your reply. I have the always on power, so no parking mode is still ok.. Wonder why i still dun see the YouTube videos on this new cam yet...

Thanks for the info Nigel.. Appreciate your reply. I have the always on power, so no parking mode is still ok.. Wonder why i still dun see the YouTube videos on this new cam yet...
Don't think anyone has one yet, but that should change in a few days time...

I have the battery wide angle version, assume my answer is correct for both versions, but until someone gets one...
While you are waiting for YT footage, here is a bit from my battery version for you to watch, used for the ground section:

Don't think anyone has one yet, but that should change in a few days time...

I have the battery wide angle version, assume my answer is correct for both versions, but until someone gets one...
While you are waiting for YT footage, here is a bit from my battery version for you to watch, used for the ground section:

Thanks very much for the video. Looks beautiful. Think I'll hold on for a few days to get a glimpse of the F1C videos before pressing the trigger.. next up is to source for dash cams to attach to the side mirrors to record the videos from the outer left n right sides

Another user on RCGroups posted this unboxing video of the F1C.

Another user on RCGroups posted this unboxing video of the F1C.

Thanks very much for this video, Tony. Looking forward to actual videos of the F1C in use..

So it is compatible with the battery, or not?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 0
J F1 1
Back