Collision not an event???

Rikske

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I just did some test for the problem I had with my previous post --> https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/location-event-files.39899/
It seems that a collision is not marked as an event, when I check the notifications the application told me their was a collision but it wasn't marked as an event so it was overwritten by a newer file.
I shaked the car as a test and then the application recorded that as an event file?
I think it's quite obvious that a collision should always be marked as an event or am I doing something wrong :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Thank you for the advice.
KR
Eric

Not relevant to events, but I hope your car was not damaged a lot during this episode.

Not relevant to events, but I hope your car was not damaged a lot during this episode.

Is there a way to block these files on the card so that they aren't overwritten?
And I think we were hit with a ladder on a trailer because we have 2 dents in the trunk :mad:

Is there a way to block these files on the card so that they aren't overwritten?
And I think we were hit with a ladder on a trailer because we have 2 dents in the trunk :mad:
I assume you would need to adjust the sensitivity

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

I assume you would need to adjust the sensitivity

I don't understand what you mean, it's set to level 9 in parking mode so that is not the problem, it was registred but not saved as an event.

I don't understand what you mean, it's set to level 9 in parking mode so that is not the problem, it was registred but not saved as an event.
What do you mean by registered? I don't know if 9 is sensitive or insensitive.

@dbareis 9 is maximum sensitivity (I thought it was 8).
@Rikske What do you mean by 'registered'.
If you 'shook the car' and the camera recorded an event file, then it appears that it is doing what it is supposed to.
Terminology is a bit confusing as you said
I shaked the car as a test and then the application recorded that as an event file?
when I check the notifications the application told me their was a collision
What application? Do you mean the camera or something else?
it was registred but not saved as an event.
What do you mean by registered? On what? (Or am I being incredibly stupid?)

There should be no difference between a 'shake' and a 'collision' as it will be the G sensor that detects either.

Your problem being spread between two threads isn't helping either.

Last edited:
What do you mean by registered? I don't know if 9 is sensitive or insensitive.

What I mean for registred is that I can see it on the Blackvue app on my phone under Cloud -- Notifications : "Collission detected in parking mode" with the timestamp.
The sensitivity goes to 10 and that is then the most sensitive.

@dbareis 9 is maximum sensitivity (I thought it was 8).
@Rikske What do you mean by 'registered'.
If you 'shook the car' and the camera recorded an event file, then it appears that it is doing what it is supposed to.
Terminology is a bit confusing as you said
What application? Do you mean the camera or something else?What do you mean by registered? On what? (Or am I being incredibly stupid?)

There should be no difference between a 'shake' and a 'collision' as it will be the G sensor that detects either.

Your problem being spread between two threads isn't helping either.

What I mean for registred is that I can see it on the Blackvue App on my phone under Cloud -- Notifications, their it says "collision detected in parking mode" with a timestamp.
The problem is that this event (collission) was correctly recorded on my card but for one reason this kind of impacts aren't marked as event so it was overwritten by newer files on my memory "card".

And like you said if I shake my car this is registred and recorded on my card and also marked as an event but a collision isn't, I find this verry strange?

Thanks for the clarification.
Very strange indeed as both would have been triggered by the G sensor. Is the 'shake my car' notified as a 'collision' on the BV app the same as the actual bump was?

Thanks for the clarification.
Very strange indeed as both would have been triggered by the G sensor. Is the 'shake my car' notified as a 'collision' on the BV app the same as the actual bump was?

Yes idd it was also marked as a collission, I will try to replicate it this weekend because I formated my memory card to be sure that the problem wasn't situated at that level.
I'll keep u posted :)

Back