Nextbase 312GW Dashcam charging problem

John Mutley

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dashcam shows/flashes low battery and in the troubleshooting page it suggests charging indoors for 90 minutes. I have only been supplied with a car charger to use in cig lighter, how does one charge the dashcam from the mains? Further, I only bought it 3 months ago from Halfords and paid for them to fit it.

You an charge it via your PC, or put the USB into a powered (extension?) socket that has a USB outlet on it.

You an charge it via your PC, or put the USB into a powered (extension?) socket that has a USB outlet on it.
Thanks for that Paul, I did connect it to my pc before I posted my problem, but the indicator did not say it was charging, it was red which according to the manual said it means powered by an external source, I suppose therefore that it was also charging at the same time?

USB phone charger is what most use, assuming you have a suitable USB cable to go with it
I do have a mobile phone charger so I suppose I could risk that? I believed the mobile phone charger was charging direct from the 240 ac mains, so from your reply it must convert to a lower DC charge?

I do have a mobile phone charger so I suppose I could risk that? I believed the mobile phone charger was charging direct from the 240 ac mains, so from your reply it must convert to a lower DC charge?

That's a safe way I reckon - phones and dashcams require little power to charge.

if the phone charger is USB output then it will be fine
Thanks everybody for all your help/advice.
The problem was resolved by the company Halfords (whom I paid to have both dashcams hardwired) admitting their original installation was faulty and they have now installed a new hardwire system and both cameras are working perfectly. (At the moment?)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
T 312GW 3
H 312GW 6
P 312GW 0
Back