Power magic pro and b-124

Rensteruk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I've got a 650s-2ch hard wired via PMP. However i still don't get enough record time to last the day or night before the power is cut. I'm going to check the PMP settings but i think it's set to 12v and infinite time.

Im thinking a b-124 battery pack might be a better idea. However, to keep installation simple i was thinking rather than try to source a 12v acc source in the passenger foot well where the PMP is located, i could chain the battery pack off the PMP but set the PMP to 12.5v so it'll only be live when the engine is running.

Does this sound doable? What sort of connections does the b-124 come with? Are they the same connectors as on the PMP / cameras themselves?

Thanks in advance!

If you get the B-124 there is no reason to have the PMP, you can always use the power socket connection for the B-124. B-124 comes with a standard power socket connection, and also includes a set of fuse taps for a direct connection that charges faster.

I know there's no need for the pmp... I'm saying that *if* in my intended installation location i can't find an acc feed, i think i could connect to the pmp and effectively turn a live 12v connection into an acc feed.... but need to know if the supplied wiring options would support my plans

Just a guess but the B-124 might draw more power to charge it than the existing PMP and fuse can supply. What is the recommended fuse size for the B-124 installation, if it is more than ~ 5 amps I would be concerned.

I know there's no need for the pmp... I'm saying that *if* in my intended installation location i can't find an acc feed, i think i could connect to the pmp and effectively turn a live 12v connection into an acc feed.... but need to know if the supplied wiring options would support my plans

I understand now.

I believe the PMP is using two fuse taps, one for ACC and one for always on. Just use the ACC fuse tap you currently have on your PMP and connect that straight to your B-124 with the provided cable as long as the ACC circuit is 15A or higher. The B-124 comes with fuse taps and extra fuses, I would just completely disconnect your PMP and hardwire to the ACC port you currently use for your PMP.

Last edited:
I understand now.

I believe the PMP is using two fuse taps, one for ACC and one for always on. Just use the ACC fuse tap you currently have on your PMP and connect that straight to your B-124 with the provided cable as long as the ACC circuit is 15A or higher. The B-124 comes with fuse taps and extra fuses, I would just completely disconnect your PMP and hardwire to the ACC port you currently use for your PMP.
Just a guess but the B-124 might draw more power to charge it than the existing PMP and fuse can supply. What is the recommended fuse size for the B-124 installation, if it is more than ~ 5 amps I would be concerned.
Hmmm that's a good point... might be an issue, thanks for the suggestion!

I understand now.

Ahh that's interesting, I'd assumed the PMP only went to the live... i guess I'll just have to go digging and put a meter on the feeds...

Thanks for your help!

Ahh that's interesting, I'd assumed the PMP only went to the live... i guess I'll just have to go digging and put a meter on the feeds...

Thanks for your help!

Did you end up finding out how to chain PMP with B-124X?

I am also interested in this as I already have a hardwired BlackVue Power Magic Pro but this does not provide enough power for my DR650S-2CH.

I was thinking of stringing the following:
Car battery -> Power Magic Pro -> BlackVue B-124X -> DR650S-2CH

I am also interested in this as I already have a hardwired BlackVue Power Magic Pro but this does not provide enough power for my DR650S-2CH.
Please explain exactly what you mean. The PMP does not provide any power whatsoever. The car battery provides the power and the PMP just prevents over discharge of the car's battery.
Exactly what are you trying to achieve? (Other than to empty your wallet PDQ :ROFLMAO: )

... I was thinking of stringing the following:
Car battery -> Power Magic Pro -> BlackVue B-124X -> DR650S-2CH
Forget it. PMP is rated for 2A, that's damn far from 9A or 13A which uses B-124. (it's good idea but not possible with just existing products).
Could be probably possible with a automatic "switcher". (there are similar products but nothing "plug&play", i guess). Or with some modification.

Last edited:
Please explain exactly what you mean. The PMP does not provide any power whatsoever. The car battery provides the power and the PMP just prevents over discharge of the car's battery.
Exactly what are you trying to achieve? (Other than to empty your wallet PDQ :ROFLMAO: )

The idea was the following:
Car battery feeds the B-124X with the PMP preventing over discharge -> B-124X will continue to feed the DR650S until it runs flat. Therefore extending allowing the DR650S to have the benefit of both car battery and B-124X.
When the car is on, it'll charge both the B-124X and car battery.

Forget it. PMP is rated for 2A, that's damn far from 9A or 13A which uses B-124. (it's good idea but not possible with just existing products).
Could be probably possible with a automatic "switcher". (there are similar products but nothing "plug&play", i guess). Or with some modification.

Thanks. This was helpful.
Unfortunately my electronic skills ain't up to scratch to create an automatic switcher"

The idea was the following:
Car battery feeds the B-124X with the PMP preventing over discharge -> B-124X will continue to feed the DR650S until it runs flat. Therefore extending allowing the DR650S to have the benefit of both car battery and B-124X.
When the car is on, it'll charge both the B-124X and car battery.

Thanks. This was helpful.
Unfortunately my electronic skills ain't up to scratch to create an automatic switcher"
I think you could do it by wiring in a relay that would power the B-124X
Car battery -> Power Magic Pro -> (relay here that switches power to the) BlackVue B-124X -> DR650S-2CH

I think you could do it by wiring in a relay that would power the B-124X
Car battery -> Power Magic Pro -> (relay here that switches power to the) BlackVue B-124X -> DR650S-2CH

I will look into this option. Time to look into how relays work and how to wire one up. Thanks.

Back