Mobius Maxi + Supercapacitor problems

ColChiu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I cant seem to get my dashcam to work with the capacitor. It auto powers on and records, but when the power is cut, the camera just switches off immediately. It works fine and ends the recording when using a battery. Has anyone else had this issue.

Also, between recordings, its not maintaining the time and date on the internal clock.

Hi,

I cant seem to get my dashcam to work with the capacitor. It auto powers on and records, but when the power is cut, the camera just switches off immediately. It works fine and ends the recording when using a battery. Has anyone else had this issue.

Also, between recordings, its not maintaining the time and date on the internal clock.
When the camera is recording, does the LED flash alternate between amber (recording) and green (charging)? If it does, keep recording until the green light goes out which means that the capacitor is fully charged. If the green light does not come on, you may have a poor connection to troubleshoot.

Hi,

wonder if you had a dodgy usb connection like I think my Maxi does. The battery probably has enough juice to keep going where the capacitor has too little charge from constant interruption and dies.

Sounds like the behaviour you'd expect if the capacitor wasn't holding a charge. Perhaps the power source isn't sufficient to charge the capacitor while the camera is off? Maybe the capacitor is faulty? Only other thing I can think of is a power leak that drains the capacitor instantly but that is unlikely.

Back